Anyone here work at a machine shop?

I’ve seen whole VW downpipes for 130 bucks so if you want to make any money you’ll have to get the flange cost down.

Jeeze, Buffalo really is the world’s biggest small-town. You guys just made a run of aluminum panels for me. Which were done very well. Good to know we’ve got some good businessmen/craftsmen on the board. :tup:

Exactly what I’m thinkin…

Try B&K on william st. in buff./ sloan

Thanks Howie.
I am going to put a thread together soon that will outline my abilities, etc.

Thanks,
Who are you and what exactly did you buy?:biglaugh:
Talk about the worlds biggest small town!

Quality?

I think these guys want to make high quality items.
Being the next guy to make cheap parts is not easy in this country.
You need to have a unique item and when I say “unique” that includes very high end quality items.

EDIT: I talked to a guy today about buying a laser and he told me it would cost about $1.4 million. I will see if I can fit it in next years budget.:biglaugh:
IIRC he said a water jet would be about $400,000.
Even that is a lot of money for 2 dimentional work.

Who’d you talk to about laser and water jet? Both those prices seem high for what I’d think you’d be looking in to (not sure if you are trying to get really large travel or something).

Water jet IMO would be much better than laser for 9/10 shops. It really accels at small and detail work, thin work pieces and higher precision. When I was specing a waterjet system last year I want to say I was closer to half what you were quoted, was dealing with Omax. Then again, not sure how big you are looking to go. I actually have a couple of lasers sitting in my shop right now, they’re for welding though, not cutting. :-p

Yes, we do some cool stuff. Its a really nice mom and pop shop, good people to work for. :tup: I’ve been there for about six years now

I don’t remember seeing any aluminum panels. Must of been thin guage stuff cut on the smaller laser up front.

WATERJET CUT PRICES…

Keep in mind the waterjet cut is +- .010". (I would machine within +- .003")

25 pcs. $49.50 each

50 pcs. $46.50 each

100pcs. $45.00 each

is that for a small turbo flange or for like header flanges?

No, it is for a turbo, its roughly 4.5" square-ish.

There is a waterjet cutting place in Buffalo, however the machine time is $350 per hour with a 15 minute min. PM me and I can get you the number