Anyone know any new record stores downtown?

Looking for record stores downtown Toronto that carry vinyl of more recently released stuff, tired of paying shipping on ebay.

Rock/indy music rather than rap/dance.

Sonic Temple
Play De Record
Eastern Bloc
Traxx (not sure if there still is a Traxx downtown)

sound city
In the grove
kops records
cd replay

mikey, something more local to you is funky boodah which is on main (48) just north of hwy7

although i don’t know if they have rock/indie stuff. admittedly i haven’t been there in a while.

sonic boom sells vinyl, on bloor, west of bathurst.

Metropolis

rock/ indie i unno

they’ll have indie something though.

Mikey, on the day of the meet here in June, come a couple hours early, and you can take my lil bro (only 14 months younger than me). Take him over the border, all told about 30 minutes from my place, and he will show you a place at a mall over there that i take him to all the time.

he swear by it and buys records there everytime we go.

then again, my brother has double into his media collection that i have into my car.

…in fact, if any of you guys comes down here at anytime my brother will be glad to show you…lol… he is always bugging me to take him

Hey Mike

There’s Kops on Queen street as mentioned

You could also check out Play De Record on Yonge near Gerard (just south I think), and there’s another on Queen (not sure where)

What kind of turntable do you have?

Thnx guys, I’ll def. take a look. Mostly at the downtown places because I work down there.

Bing, if I can get time to do that I’ll definitly appreciate your bro as a guide.

Paul, some Sony one from 1992 or something, says D705 on it.

Hardcore Sounds in orangeville sells rock/indie vyinal

i havent looked at their selection in over 2 months

Hey Mike,

Unfortunately alot of the stores are gone. Traxx, Metropolis and Eastern Bloc are all gone. Theres Release records on Yonge at between wellesley and college, but its all electronica.

There are a few stores on Queen just east of Bathurst that carry what your looking for, last time I was there, which was over a year ago.

Hope this helps.

Metropolis is gone? :frowning: What is now in it’s place?