Like House music? Don't want to have to go to Toronto? get in...

A local Chippeawa bar will be having all house/trance music Friday nights for all of March…and if it works out, will continue to do so. I know one of the guy’s that will be DJ’ing…and the owner of the bar/club basically realized that Friday’s downtown are dead to begin with…so trying something out of the norm won’t cost him any customers since there aren’t really many there Friday’s to begin with…

now, you may be asking where this is…and i’ve not said where yet because had i, you probably wouldn’t have read anything beyond that. it’s not really that great a place usually, due to the crowd it attracts…but that same crowd hates house music, so i don’t see the usual customers of this establishment coming to these friday night events.

Sub Zero, Friday nights. This friday is the first night they’ll be doing it. if it sucks, it’s a 15 minute drive to get back home…but i figure there are enough people on here that are willing to drive to Toronto regularly for the same music…why not give someplace local the benefit of the doubt.

Bet you wished OPM was still around eh?

i didn’t find out about that place until it was too late.

i went there once to see Anthony Attalla, and that was great…and again after the Rabbit in the Moon show…but that night was mostly drum and bass…not my thing…

i’ve since been looking for someplace closer than toronto, yet further than my computer to hear good, loud house/trance…

dragonfly had some good shows last year…but not frequently enough…

i’m always really bummed when level makes the 1am shift from playing sean paul - caterpillar, soulja boy and low to the shitty EDM with fog horns and glowstick garbage dance.

more sean paul in the monitors, please.

^^ but this threads not about level? are you the guy who likes to put the glow stick in his pants and walk around hitting on girls?

it’s just my comment about firsthand experience with EDM.

alright then, :tup: to sean paul in the monitors then.

I’m personally excited for the toronto crew to come in and say how much this will suck since it doesn’t compare to toronto at all.

:drama2:

edit: oh man at subzero too… Creeeeeeppppppyyyy

Well if you ever feel like making the trip to the Roc, Brian(the owner of OPM) does all of his promoting here at pearl on East Ave. now. He’s got headliners booked almost every friday til June and I’m sure he’s got more up his sleeve.

I also saw that there’s a thursday thing happening at Ms Kittys on Main St. in your town.

that’s because your experience with EDM was at a club like level.

lowest common denominator of hip-hop, lowest common denominator of EDM.

Not a chance I would go into sub zero.

The whole bar layout is scummy. Its like an expensive basement frat house party with 99% thungs.

subzero smells reallly reallly bad

have you ever been to quote? lol…it’s literally, dead on, the same smell as the locker rooms when i use to play hockey. i’ve never noticed a bad smell in sub zero…

and like i said in the original post, sub zero is a shitty place, i can’t stand it…but that’s because the crowd they attract usually isn’t one i want to be part of. this music will clearly keep that crowd away, since it’s nothing like the usual rap garbage you hear at the place.

:lol:

i’ve always thought the same thing

does the smell resemble fried chicken and cocoa butter?

They also do jungle on Fridays, which I’ve been meaning to check out

I haven’t been there since October and it seemed fine then. It was dead that night though.

I would say its equivalent to the bathroom at roscoe’s.

30Hz is at Marcellas tomorrow 3/7

sub zero… ugh

:barf: sub-zerrrooo