Anyone know Jonathon Cote?

:meh:

Highlight 1- Im sorry but this is a very ignorant thing to say. It couldn’t be further from the truth. It is the minority of the people here causing any of our problems definatley not the majority. I travel to nine different places surrounding the Baghdad area for my job and i assure you we are welcomed to every place i have set foot. Also part of or recent success is from the amount of them blowing in the guys that are going to kill us. I think people in the states have built up ideals of how things must be over here and based it upon very little actual knowledge or experience. I don’t blame them its common among people to try to have opinions on things they know little about. Look at death for example.

Highlight 2- I respect your opinion i just dont see how that would help anything. These people are good people in a bad situation not some blood thirsty ogres trying to enslave the human race.

Man im really not trying to start a good old e-fight with you but some of the stuff you are saying id very ignorant from my point of view. I agree that perhaps we came here based upon BS resons. The people here would NOT be able to have any type of normal life if we just up and left. While i respect your opinion with the out of sight out of mind mindset i disagre with it. Bottom line is Iraq would not be the mess it is right now if it werent for us. I personally think that we should clean up the mess we made. No disrespect intended.

sorry I jacked the thread. its not an appropriate place for my opinions.

cougarspeed: i have all the respect in the world for what you guys are doing over there. my opinions may be based on ignorance…but i just dont want my friends and family putting their lives on the line over a questionable cause.

unfortunately that seems to be the risk were taking by signing on the dotted line though, and everyone that does sign up has to accept the fact they may be thrown in a shitty stupid situation with a questionable cause, and has to just do their job.

not trying to justify you worrying as being wrong whatsoever, thats human. But as frustrating as it is to have loved ones serving in this mess, every one of them signed up freely

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56555

Not a good update. Two of the guys he was held captive with have been found dead.

god i loved that five fingers movie

… let’s keep the machine runnin. Your agenda will most likely be different than the government’s. How many soldiers do you think were assigned to find him?

Made me sick to see this in the news, and hope for the best. I can’t imagine what kind of shit he’s going through; if he’s alive.

More bad news:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56584

:frowning:

oh shit. I thought that name was familiar he is friends with a few of my friends. Poor guy.

No more wondering.

http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=8216742

Its terrible things worked out the way they did.

Thats probly all I should say about the situation

I hate to be the morbid one, but at least the family can get some peace.

Yah, I see his mother all the time at work. She has had a hard time. That poor family.

:meh:

Condolances to all who knew him.

:frowning:

absolutely horrible. that’s all i can say. when i heard about this from my friends from work, the first thing i thought was oh my god no, especially knowing his cousin, i knew it was going to really hit her hard, my thoughts and prayers go out to all his family.

rip one of very few people who i had respect. I really hoped he would have survived such a tragedy

that really sucks :tdown: