Anyone pick up scrap?

My girlfriend has 2 aluminum awnings in her garage that she took off her house but doesn’t have anyone with a truck to take them to the scrap yard. Anyone know someone that will pick these up for cheap for her? She lives in Cheektowaga off of Genesee.

Anything metal I’ve put at the curb has disappeared long before the garbage men came. The scrappers pretty much drive around the night before garbage pickup every single week.

x2. they are out way before my garbage pickup.
what about big trash pickup?? im in the city and my district starts on the 7th

I put my old grill out Thursday night last week. Trash pickup is Friday around 1pm. When I left the house Friday morning all that was left was the two pieces of plastic that made up the left and right side tables.

In the past couple months I’ve put out:
-a 14 foot steel pipe about 2" in diameter, the last 2 feet or so filled with concrete.
-some awning pieces that were in my shed when I moved in
-some parts to a bed frame, also left in the shed
-some random metal I have no idea what it was, about 10 feet long
-a shitty old drafting table

All put out the night before trash pickup, all gone before I left for work on trash day.

yeah those dudes will take anything

i had a crap load of fencing i needed to ditch…found a guy on craiglsist, called him up, he came and loaded/hauled it away same day for nothing.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/wan/1197919170.html

Thanks guys!

aluminum is worth money though… so you could probably get a couple bucks.

bump,

i’ve got an old ass incinerating furnace going out to the curb tonight. weighs probably 250lbs+. Will also be putting out a wrought iron railing and two aluminum doors tomorrow.

^ it will probably be gone before the garbage men pick it up.

Not sure in Amherst, but in Cheektowaga, they want us to call sometime the during the week and ask for the metal truck. We then put it out with our garbage and if it’s still there when they come by for it, they grab it.

I’ve had scrappers grab an old lawn mower from the curb before I made it back into the house.

lol it’s already gone. my father ended up just taking it with him. so now i’ll just put the doors, railing and weight bench chassis out tomorrow.

I remember when i first moved in and i put a broken spreader to the curb. I walked to my backyard to get the rest of the garbage and heard a trunk slam and car pull away.

what do aluminum doors look like? are they utility cabinet doors or entry doors for a house?

ive got an old 72 honda cb350 i want gone. Its junked up and cut up but im not sure if anyone will take it in front of my house.

You’d be surprised, put a “Free” sign on it.

they are white entry/storm doors for a house. they are in pretty bad condition. the one “better” one was a full glass door, but i took the glass out for my door.

ah, ok. was lookin for a CHEAP door for my basement “workshop” .

Anybody know if CAT’s have gone up in price? I have 2 off my fbod that I’ve been holding onto.