Anyone taking the Sheriff exam Tomorrow?

I am. Im thinking about getting a study guide from Amazon. Anyone know what to look for on the exam? I know what the basic outline of the exam is but just wondering if there was anything that might of caught someone off guard that took the last one? Any other input please fill us in.

I am ineligible for any law enforcement job because I am color blind. It’s bullshit.

yea om talking it, although i dont think its for road patrol, could be wrong though

That fucking sucks, sorry.

Its for both road and corrections, but you have to specify on your application.

hmm when is it, i was thinking about getting into corrections wouldn’t mind a job where i wouldn’t need to carry a gun, other wise I’ll keep my current job :confused:

↑ To late the deadline was last week.

Wrong the test is for corrections only. The road patrol test was offered back in last November and list has atleast 2 years untill it expires

told ya…there will be another one in December i believe

It’s not for road officers, just corrections. Read the announcement. The test for for the road is the same test for local PD.

Edit: just responded and didn’t notice someone else posted this.

like all you see is like a yellow black and white. or just shades of black and white? or can you see colors but some when put together or just an off color you can tell what color it would be?

“were in pursuit of a black male in a black car.”

When it was an arab women in a blue car, would make you effective in law enforcement.

Equal opportunities for all!

Hell they hire women cops.

Maybe someone should change? that?

I think it is a job proficiency thing, I mean do you think a quadriplegic should be a cop? Because I do!

same boat. not that I would want to be in law enforcement, but I’m color blind. I’m “text book” for shades of red and green…

There is nothing you can really study for with these exams. It is basic reading comprehension.

You are often given a short story and then asked simple questions pertaining to it. You must then choose the answer that best fits the question.

There is also a memory part. You are given a 1 page story and have 15 minutes to read it. They then wait ~5mins and you have to answer some fairly simple questions from memory.

I have never had a problem with these exams and always score well, usually what gets me is the wording of the answers. Sometimes there will be 2 answers that seem to both relay the same information, its just difficult to determine which one they are looking for.

:io:

yep… I’m fucked! lol

i missed the deadline…

easy there, how are you going to know which perp to brutalize? :slight_smile:

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a559/a559_bm.gif

j/k i’ll be there though. this test is also for holding center positions

Oh, so you’re a minority? Or is that just the Buffalo police that do that? :sword:

I am a minority, but its not what ya know its who you know in Buffalo.