who took the trooper exam

So who on here took the trooper exam this past saturday at buff state and who is about to take it and your thoughts on it. I thought it was the easiest test ever.

you better hope you get a good score then… dont come back and say you missed it by 50 pts lol

Hahaha I know thats probably what is going to happen too. I know a total of 3 questions I was confused on but may have guessed the right answers. Just the questions that were asked in general were rediculous. I think even a 8th grader could pass this.

I took it and thought is was quite easy. I went over the exam three times and am glad I did. I found a bunch of questions that I was sure I had correct that I actually had wrong. Anything less than a 97 and i’ll be disappointed.

:lol: you keep digging that hole

Good move taking this test. If you get appointed you’ll spend a year or so up in the north country then you can transfer and make pretty good buxs.

Ha i was the 3rd last person in the room because i couldnt find the building. still trying to figure out why they needed your thumb print on this one and not any other exam ?

What type of questions are on this test?

Easiest test…probably the hardest PD to actually get into throughout all of NYS

Ha everyone says that and its the same as every other one. Everyone says hardest one because cant have no felony convictions and what not. If youre just a normal person who does not have any issues with the law and you score high on the test you get it plain and simple. Not sure on the exact number but they are hiring a boat load more people than past years

No I say that from experience of those who have gotten in and those who have gotten rejected.

The test is the easiest part you will do, then maybe the physical exam

then you have to go through at least 3 sets of interviews…

then there is the interviews of your family/friends/neighbors/boy-girlfriend/ex’s/etc etc etc

they have thousands of applicants for only a handful of positions, so if they don’t like something along this process you are easily bounced and replaced with the next potential candidate.

hope you havent done drugs in 3 years

Yes i am clean, BTW if the only drug you have done is pot and you are up front about trying it in the past they are really not going to hound on you for it.

I take it this Saturday. I’m not worried. Practice tests were easy as hell although a bit outdated.

yea it kind of get intimidating because like 15 troopers walking around when taking it. make sure your math “percentages” are up to par and make sure your spelling is up to par as well and you will do just fine

It’s all about how well you do compared to everyone else.

exactly and your test scores last 4 years and if another test comes up, you can take it again to improve your score

for some reason after seeing your “Ice Bowl video” i dont think you would be a good canididate for law enforcement right now, but possibly in a few years when you grow up.

wow thats what the world needs more short tempered ignorant troopers lol

About half of the people who get called actually make it to academy, then even more get knocked off of the academy. The reason it is so hard to get called right away is because people use military credits for the exam and some people get over 100. Just be patient because on average it takes 1.5 years to get canvased.