Anyone work at a Lexus Dealer/Service..

I know this is a shot in the dark but there is a TSB for the GX470 which replaces the driveshaft. The shaft they replace fits the supra with some modification. If anyone knows someone at a lexus dealer I would be willing to throw some cash their way if they put aside the shaft that would normally just be disgarded.

i doubt it… if its a TSB they are normally required to return the old shaft for reman…

when i was @ hyundai/subaru they wouldnt let me take a blown up motor that had been sitting there for ~ 2 years

I have to ask…why would you want a part that’s being replaced because it has a problem?:slight_smile:

The dealers replace them due to the TSB even though there is nothing wrong with the driveshaft. I think they replace the control arms also to get rid of a clunking sound.

pm redconquestsi, he works ther

I don’t think he has enough pull there to do this , but I would also recommend sending him a PM anyway, he does work there.

nit sure if its the same, but i thought there was a time frame? say 6 months, if say honda ( just an ex. ) wants there bad (ex.) ECU back, they have that long to ask for it. after that time frame is over dealer can trash it, blow it up or do what ever.

I will ask tomorrow. I have some pull.

www.car-part.com