apple computers

I’m thikning of picking up a used apple computer. I have never owned an apple computer. So I’m looking for some basic info.

What I currently have is a pc with a 1.4 Pentium 4, 2 gigs ram, 400+gig hard drive, blah, blah, blah. What in the Mac world would be about the same.

It will only be used for internet, photo storage, i-tunes, and a letter here and there.

Something like a G5 Powermac would be about similar. What kinda price are you looking to spend?

you should keep it that way. :slight_smile:

A paperweight? On second thought, a paperweight isn’t nearly frustrating enough.

I havent really thought about it that much. Maybe $300-500???

Everyone needs to get out of the woods someday.

Exactly.

I am posting from a MAC right now. I like it. I am going to be getting a MAC mini in the next few months. They are pretty cheap, powerful beasts. I will run VMware on it so I can run Windows 7 and have best of both worlds. I would recomend getting a MAC mini. They start at 599 and will be plenty powerful for you.

You can get used intel imacs on Craigslist for about what your looking to spend. theres also the option of buying from apples refurbished store. Same warranty as a new one but cheaper.