Powerbook G4

I am looking to get a new computer, I have been building my machines for the last 5 years or so and I have had enough of windows, its just boaring and old. I have always hated laptops, but looking at how fast these Apple Powerbook G4’s are I would really like to have the wireless in my house and at work. At home I couldnt work on the laptop itself, but the Apple flat panel 20inch display is really nice :eek:, this way I could use it like a desktop.

Im not into computers like I used to be so im sure there is some downsides to the new MAC OSX, but my neighbor has a new G5 and its really really nice, the screen / fonts are a lot clearer. The whole overview of the OS is nicer, IMO.

So whats your guys opnions? I know we have a lot of computer nerds on here :D. Any Apple users on here?

This is the laptop im looking at, the 15inch display for $2599, its pretty nice, here is a link.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70203/wo/UZ6V6GcK8tTa2kctBY91pJNLqtj/0.0.7.1.0.5.21.1.1.1.1.0.0.1.0

The 17 inch is really nice, but its just too big for me to carry around, I can hook the 15inch up to my AUX in on my DVD player in my truck and play my whole MP3 collection through it which would be nice.

Amazon.com has that laptop for a little cheaper, but the apple site has more info on it.

fuck Mac

for 2500 u can do much better

Originally posted by thefranchise
fuck Mac

x2

really… they that bad? I like the OS its something different… just wonderin

Originally posted by thefranchise
fuck Mac

X3

that dude w/ the white truck on here runs a MAC…

yea man i have never heard anything good about mac…everybody who has it hates it pretty much…windows is a lot more user friendly and u can do more with it

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
yea man i have never heard anything good about mac…everybody who has it hates it pretty much…windows is a lot more user friendly and u can do more with it

I jumped on the Windows bandwagon:

MAC sucked in school, thats my only opinion.

IBLOGIKMAKESFUNOFYOURFORUSINGEITHEROFTHE2

Originally posted by 1320
IBLOGIKMAKESFUNOFYOURFORUSINGEITHEROFTHE2
IUSEBOTHOFTHEMDIPSHIT

Mac OS is much more reliable than PC/Windows, and can run most/all PC software. But it comes at a much much much higher price, and is usually only used by art/developers…not the average consumer

Originally posted by Logik
IUSEBOTHOFTHEMDIPSHIT

IB1320TELLSYOUTOSUCKHISASS :smiley:

Originally posted by BlueZ28
Mac OS is much more reliable than PC/Windows, and can run most/all PC software. But it comes at a much much much higher price, and is usually only used by art/developers…not the average consumer

:bluez28: I’d like to see a Mac run PC software or games. :0

not Mac ports/clones but actual PC software like you stated.

Originally posted by Shaggy
that dude w/ the white truck on here runs a MAC…

im currently using a mac with the 9.2 mac i tried mac 10.01 but that is horrible
they said i need to upgrade to mac 10.1 of the osx. these are sweet computers
for graphic arts[why i have one] but as far as everything else it sux more
money to do the same things as a PC im stuck using aol 5.0 because i dont
have the extra fundings to run the 10.1osx with this version you can run
the newest aol version and beable to download better than i can. but what
my girls computer is used for its not worth upgrading to 10.1 right now. it
maybe for you but not in this situation. these are expensive.

Originally posted by Logik
:bluez28: I’d like to see a Mac run PC software or games. :0

not Mac ports/clones but actual PC software like you stated.

well, emulation, same deal only slower

mac is cool with me, just hard to get used too… used them all summer to do graphics and video editing… ton of cool programs for them… its built off unix i believe so its damn stable

I would never have even considered a MAC until OSX. OSX roxors. It’s really BSD underneath, meaning you have a full on *nix style development environment available to you (for us coders) as well as any of the standard *nix utilities. It has *nix stability and efficiency, and if you know what you’re doing has a lot of power. But it’s GUI is superior (well, in many ways) to even the nicest that the current Linux distributions have to offer. The MAC hardware is also pretty sweet, and particularly optimized for things such as vid and graphics. Honestly, if I was buying a laptop it’d be a Powerbook. The downside is they cost a frickin’ buttload.

-TJ

PS- Keep in mind, I’m typing this on a ‘PC Clone’ I built that runs Win XP. And I do all of my coding by shelling into the Unix cluster on my campus. I am not a MAC guy at all.

I used to HATE MAC, dont get me wrong… but im talking specifically about the new OSX 10.whatever newest version it is. MAC was horriable before, and I would never consider one, but if any of you never seen the new MAC OSX check it out. it kicks ass.

macs are good for editing music and video and doing graphic design.

you can get anything to work. i personally like linux, but it’s a pain in the ass… so i use it for a firewall and run windoze on most of my pc’s… hell i even run 95 on some machines. :rolleyes:

my mom has a G4 Desktop…with the big widescreen flat panel monitor…its a NICE piece of equipment, but i’m just not a mac fan.
Its too pricy for me, plus i’s hard for me to get used to the OS since i’ve used PCs for so long.
They are very stable, and you don’t have to worry about as many viruses/worms, since most hackers/programmers make the stuff to attack PC’s since they are the majority.