apple Ipad 16gb wifi+3g

just bought a ipad and a friend said he would sell me his. getting it for $450, its only a few months old. comes with box ipad case charger. he will be up here from Miami this weekend. if anyone is interested give me a PM and we can set up a time after sunday… if i dont get any response by sunday will just throw it on ebay and make some easy cash. looking to pass on a good deal to Nyspeeders

HERE IS HIS CL POST IN MIAMI, he wanted 550 but will sell to me for 450 so he has some cash for his vacation :slight_smile: http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ele/2048456143.html

So you’re selling for $450?

Yep, just passing the deal, unless nobody wanted it then I’d throw it on eBay and make some free cash

Cool. I’m considering it but think even the 2GB plan will get smoked quickly. I’d probably use it for RDP to my work computer to access my trading platform with stocks etc…
How’s the 3g speeds? Do any RDP work to speak on how well it works?

Thanks

just picked one up yeasterday for my b-day and havent had time to mess with it to much. also not sure on the speed bc iv had mine one day and not yet used 3g bc i have wifi… and i had one guy by me almost right away so he will prob get first dibs when i get it

ill take this if its still available

There are a few RDP clients available… The two worth trying are WYSE Pocket Cloud, and Phase Five Jump Desktop. I use WYSE Pocket Cloud, and it works quite well. Its surprisingly snappy, even over 3G. I never used it on a 3G iPad, but I used it on iPhones over 3G, and a WiFi iPad over WiFi and 3G. Audio really kills the 3G connection, but it streams low quality fine, with a 3 second delay.

Overall, it really is a fantastic RDP device, that can run for about 8-10 hours with average screen brightness.
The 2GB plan is brutal compared to unlimited… But it would be VERY easy to keep data use below 2GB. The majority of my data use comes from when im at home, school, or work. If I turned WiFi on, I would probably only use a few GB a month doing whatever I want. But I don’t, so it ends up being 10-30 GB a month.

Dumb question but this did sell right?

Yea it’s gone. Thinking about selling the one I have now for the iPad 2 when it comes out. I have a 16gb wifi+3G. Jailbroken on 4.2.1 looking for 575 best offer. Comes with everythig original except the top of the box. And has a zaag sheild on it and an apple case.