Are 1000cc sports bikes still relevant?

Lets find out…:excited

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8021/mcny.png

Great comparison

Bikes in Britain are expensive!! The CBR is 11,000 British pounds, which converts to about $18,000!!!

I like the suzuki, but I think they should’ve updated the looks at bit. It looks almost exactly the same as the last model. Plus they raised the price of the 600 by $1200, which brings the base price up to $11,600. That’s a ridiculous price for a 600. Who really needs Brembos on a bike anyway?

Brembos to sportbike guys are the same as apes and chrome to cruiser guys - they have no practical application on the street, and are there to make the owner think he looks cool.

If you really think about it, Superbikes or even Supersports have no practical application on the street. :lol:lol

That’s the reason I ride a low-revving nude twin with cheap suspension and brakes instead of a flashy techno-bling encrusted crouch-down rev-to-the-moon plastic-clad repli-racer.
Though I suppose if you really get right down to it for strictly practical reasons I should have been riding a scooter, so I am also guilty as charged.

Fixed.

:ahh

Diplomacy my good man, you gotta learn diplomacy.
Most people on this site who ride, happen to ride blinged out supersports.

What would shift be if not an open can of worms :lol

ya well like oleg said, nearly everyone is guilty of having more than what they need…

but what about cars at that point, most of you dont need the cars u have, u should be driving barebones a to b type vehicle

Yep, I already got neg repped because someone got butthurt about the Brembo comment :haha
Some people are just in denial.

You really going to try to use that argument?

Most features in the vehicle go towards improving your quality of drive/commute.

Your point would make more sense if all people drove bare bone track cars as their daily. Which they don’t for cars, but for some reason once it comes to bikes, a bare bones race vehicle makes perfect sense for the street/daily.

i meant performance wise

i just read the part where it was like “brembos on bikes dont do anything but make u feel cool on the street” so i thought the same for brembos on your car

The way I see it riding is not really about anything practical in US (unless you live waaay down south and can ride all year), so just about everyone, myself included buys a bike as a toy. From that standpoint all the tech bling makes sense since it’s more about how you feel as an owner of said toy, but it doesn’t make it any more practical. So no, I’m not jealous of sportbike owners, if I was I’d have bought one myself. I just don’t see a reason to own one, they don’t appeal to me as something I’ll be riding on the street.

Personally I don’t think having good brakes on a fast bike is excessive, you simply cannot design a machine that can do 0-60mph in 2 seconds and with a top speed of 180+ and give them brakes from a 50cc scooter. They are not there nor ever intended for the 95% who probably will never need it, but for the 5% that do.

I resent that, there is nothing blinged out on my bike! Shorty levers, exhaust, programmer and double bubble windscreen because my tall ass cant get in the air pocket with the stock one LOL, I would never upgrade brakes (stock brakes are more then good enough), wheels, fairings all stock. I own a bike to ride not show.

+1 but most 1000cc superbikes come with high quality brakes and there really is no need to upgrade, whenever I change pads/rotors I use EBC, nothing crazy but a very good solid set of pads/rotors.

Will I ever use my bike to 100% potential on the street? No. on the track? doubtful.

Does this mean I don’t have fun on it? Nope.