Are you ready for a "Need For Speed" movie?

Someone at EA pressed the “money grab” button again. :rofl Technically, you can call any movie with a chase secne in it a NFS movie.

EA feeling ‘Need for Speed’ movie
Vidgame maker shops pitch to turn racing game into feature

By MARC GRASER, JEFF SNEIDER

Electronic Arts is eager to capitalize on studios seeking their own “The Fast and the Furious”-type franchises, with the videogame publisher tapping John Gatins (DreamWorks’ “Real Steel” and Robert Zemeckis’ upcoming “Flight”) to develop a pitch for “Need for Speed.”
Gatins and EA will produce the project with George Gatins writing the pitch. United Talent Agency, which reps EA, assembled the package which is now being shopped around Hollywood, with Warner Bros., Sony and Paramount said to be interested in snatching up the film rights to the racing property. Bids are expected to fall within the low-seven figure range.

Paramount is said to be a front-runner, but other bids are still being considered. Universal is the only major not vying for the project, given that it already has “Fast and the Furious,” whose sixth installment starts lensing later this year. Plot details are being kept under wraps – but it’s not as if the “Need for Speed” videogame had been very plot driven, until its latest iteration.

Electronic Arts released “Need for Speed: The Run” as the 18th game in the franchise last November. Game was an attempt to freshen up the series by developing a plot for the first time and hiring actors Sean Faris (“Never Back Down”) and Christina Hendricks (“Mad Men”) to play lead roles in a grueling race from San Francisco to New York City.

Before “The Run,” the “Need for Speed” games generated more than $100 million for EA, since the first bowed in 1994. Company plans to release a new “Need for Speed” each fall, the same way Activision launches a new installment of its blockbuster “Call of Duty” franchise each year.

UTA has repped the gamemaker since 2008, when it started setting up adaptations of its more high-profile titles around town, including “Mass Effect,” “Spore,” “The Sims,” “Army of Two,” “Dante’s Inferno” and “Dead Space” as films or TV shows. UTA also reps the Gatins.

Justin Kroll contributed to this report.

Contact Marc Graser at marc.graser@variety.com

source: variety

why can they not make more moto movies, we got bikerboyz which sucked, and tourqe, which sucked less…

Lots of GOOD moto movie, just none of them is from Hollywood cause they are too busy remaking shit, copying foreign movie making English version of it, milking sequels and in general making stuff that only appeals to 12 year olds…:rofl

what good movies? i wanna check em out man!!

will watch and be entertained

I want them to remake NFS: Porsche Unleashed. I’m curious as to how they will make NFS into a movie.

That’s all Hollywood does is remake old movies that end up being far worse than the originals or they give us new piles of shit so over done with CGI and with so little character development and plot that you want to kick kittens.

I was talking about the game re releasing the game Porsche unleashed lol. As for the movie no idea what they will do for a plot.

I know. I was just venting because I want to punch my weirdo albino boss in his fucking mug.

TT: Closer To The Edge
Faster
Faster & Faster
Fastest
Charge <- To Be Released

does anyone else think it’s a little pathetic that it took those idiots 17 games before making 1 with a storyline? jesus…