Ariens 6HP 2 stage snow blower

SOLD. 12/23

Great running Ariens Sno-Thro snowblower. Just tuned up in fall with new spark plug and oil change, runs great.
24" cut
Electric start works perfect.
4 Forward Speeds, 1 Reverse.
Tire chains included.
New belt last year.
Could use a new muffer (you can see the tie wire holding the muffer guts inside, which has worked for the last 2 years) and the recoil on the pull start doesn’t work. It’s always run so good even in really heavy wet snow that I never saw the need for a pull start. You start it once with the electric start near your garage/house and it doesn’t shut off or stall until you’re done.

Started running rough last week, turned out it was just a carb adjustment. In the mean time I picked up a 2 year old 10.5 HP one so I’m going to keep that and sell this one. I was holding off putting it up for sale until I got some snow and had a chance to make sure my carb adjustments did fix it. This morning I did my driveway, my sidewalk, three neighbors sidewalks and part of my yard where I had some deep packed snow from previous snow blowing (to really test it) and it ran perfect the entire time. Guess I jumped the gun buying a replacement. My impulse buy is your gain.

I’ve owned this thing 11 years and put about $30 into it (not counting seasonal oil changes).
2 belts, a few shear bolts for the auger, and the most serious a shear bolt in the transmission for the auger when I “found” a landscaping stone a couple years ago. I thought she was done after that but they make old stuff to last and after draining the gear oil and taking the cover off I was relieved to see they had a heavier shear bolt inside the trans. $5 and a couple hours later and it was back in business.

$150.

so is it 11 years old, or do you have a date on it?

No, it was used when I got it. I don’t know how old it is but I’m guessing early 70’s.

Sold

These things are BEASTS!!! “They don’t make em like they used to”. GLWS

Got a CL buyer who sounded very interested coming to see it tonight at 6.