armed standoff on NY-190 near Ontario St.

ya this guy was an ametuer and had no intentions on doing anything. The swat officer walked up to the truck flashed the light in his face and the guy just looked at him, he had no reaction whatsoever. A real psycho would jumped and either shot himself or either pointed the gun at one of the officers. He just sat there with a dumb look on his face. Glad nobody got hurt :tup: the officers made it look so easy.

Lame ending.

No blood, no care.

Buffalo News has a link to some nice video of the flash bang bouncing off the roof of the truck and the first SWAT officer getting to the window a little early.

http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?mk=en-ap&g=853131a8-0b30-4311-adca-49765c533e91&f=NYBUE&t=m1201724971627fg=tool&partner=en-ap

They really need to add the “doink” sound effect though.

a little early? He was there and had a whole conversation with the guy before the flash bang went off… LOL

It was almost as if the guy throwing the flash bang forgot to throw it, and then didn’t want to miss his chance to use one out in the field so he threw it late!

ha,didnt it go of in the officers faces too?they were looking right at it

I could not watch it for more than 5 minutes.

I hate listening to people speculate. Unless they are
speculating about things they actually understand.

The gun man lived on the next street from me.

He was probably just pissed at the price of gas after driving up from FL…

3 of us headed down to riverside to watch it up close…man, i dont know what was worse…the guy holding a pistol to his head or the kind of people down there…jesus christ i saw 8 year old kids smoking cig’s and old fat guys drinking red dogs right in front of the police…

we were right down there when the flash grenade went off…we heard cheering and clapping and then BOOM! smoke n a flash…by that time dude was slammed on the ground and everyone thought he got shot…and then we saw mike from inn-tune driving a customers STI and was like “welp i guess im not doing any tuning runs” lol

i never want to be in riverside again for anything!

So what you’re trying to say is they should have shot him the second they got there, and dumped the body into a dumpster, so that traffic could resume?

If I used the 190 I’d be ok with that. :wink:

eh idk about shooting him…fuck it i didnt have to drive on the 190 so i didnt care lol…it was pretty nuts though seeing that shit up close like you would see on worldswildestcraziestnuttiestfuckingpeople/cop chases on tv…

i was waiting for the guy that hosts those shows to just pop up and be like “its a tense stand off with the gunman and police, there’s a crowd of people eagerly awaiting this mans destiny…and BOOM! flash grenade is set off and the suspect is subdued…that was intense!” i would have L O L’d

:lol: thanks for being my newsupdatermanguy

And an update
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=61153&catid=37

eh, seems about right.

ya i agree. hes not a criminal. he didnt take his gf hostage or threaten her. he just needs help.