Aside from about my Altima

Hi all Altimas,

Feel like posting regarding my 2001 Altima LE which only has 68000Km to date, perhaps should have more mileage. So far it hasn’t been given me any problems at all. Just had new tires, battery installed. The driver side seat belt didn’t retract properly. The dealer charged $30 to fix but issue came back after 3months. I have it changed oil every 4/5,000 Km. It runs about 10L:100Km., 80/20 city/hwy combine. Approximately 3.4L.for 400Km fillup which I considered it is very good. The sunroof switch was also defected because a tiny pc. of plastic bended causing bad contact for Open/Close. Dealer quoted about $90 for parts and $???.?? labor but I duplicated that pc. of plastic and fixed it myself.
Now questions: When should I give it a good tune-ups / transmission fluid & filter change and overall check? What should I do to boot up its power for a bit smoother driving? I’d posted before regarding the heat shields of it’s Catalytic Convertor fell-off and so far the ride is OK without them, but in time would that affect the emission test or something else? In ending, I like my Altima and intended to keep it for a long them. Sorry about this long posting but any feedback are greatly appreciated.

Altimate

When I scan my altima I get knock sensor circuitmalfunction. That is the only code I read. Car runsgreat and no check engine light. Will it pass NYinspection with this code ?Thanks,Joe By the way, check out this website http://vehhistory.com . I got my car’s vin reports for free.