Attn: all you body shop owners/ Auto Painters

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bar/931484501.html

Swap a 1930 Model A coupe for paintjob on my 1970 Mustang…Black… - $5000 (Fredericktown, PA)

Reply to: sale-931484501@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-23, 8:13PM EST

I have a 1970 Mustang which I intend to replace the floorpans in this winter. Overall it is a clean Georgia car with no rustout. I will have all glass removed, all trim and bumpers etc- stripped down with loose fenders, hood and valances. Looking to have it prepped/painted the original Raven black in basecoat/clearcoat with the center of the hood and rear wing painted a semi-flat black as original. They are still on the hood to measure and copy.

In return, I will give you a 1930 Ford Model A, 5-window coupe - all steel with rebuilt/painted original engine, recored radiator, tank cleaned and lined, clean steel front fenders and boards, 'glass rear fenders. original chassis painted black w/ original rims/tires. The body has been stripped to bare steel and primered, no interior included. Interior trim pieces included.

No title but it has been a PA car all it’s life and likely still in original owners name, which I have. Body alone worth $4k.

I would want to see your shop beforehand, see your past work and have references. A written warranty on your work and proof of insurance coverage on my car while it’s at your shop will be necessary. I will handle trailering of both vehicles, the 'A handed over gladly upon 'Stang completion. Like I said, I will not be ready for a month or two but I figured I would throw this out there and see if any interest. I have had a couple serious responses on this posting last week and am in works with those shops but have not made a decision on one, figured I put this back up one more time for good measure. Thanks for reading. Rob

it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

my .02 is that this is more bull**** than the model a is worth. if you figure time and material you will have more than 4k in that mustang

all steel model A is worth alot more then 4 grand. i was lookin at 33=35 victoria fords for a while. ****ty condition they were like 9-12 g’s

i will say not worth it. i bet the owner is crazy. the mustang will prob never be good enough for him. i wouldn’t do it.

Thats what I was thinking

He sounds like one of those asshole customers that are nothing but a PITA from the minute they walk in the door. If he goes somewhere where they will do the work as good as he wants it with all that other bs he wants, then they will laugh at him for that trade probably.

barter :greddy2:

a 4-5k paintjob is not a nice paintjob. i mean it will look good, but not oem quality. thats an easy 10k+ job

if i was to do that car i would have probably have almost 3k in to paint clear and material i wouldn’t prep the car shoot it wet sand it and buff it for a grand. other hand you could put omni 9300 on it and omni clear and make out but it wouldn’t hold up plus the model a has no title

someone should take the mustang and rattle can it, just to **** with him. It probably wouldn’t cost more that $50 to buy enough spray paint to paint a mustang.