ATTN E46 owners!!!

A lot of you know theres always been a concern about faulty subframes on all E46…everyone peeks under the car and thinks theres is fine.

If you DIDNT know, there was a class action lawsuit against bmw that was won almost a year ago entitling everyone to a free subframe inspection.

It’s up sept 9th i believe (??) its free, DO IT.

I set up an appointment just because it was free thinking my car was ok …

when i dropped it off the guy said he inspected 3000 3-series already and 1 had a bad subframe so it’ll be fine, but doesnt blame me for taking advantage of the free inspection…

2 hours later he comes out saying it took so long because they were taking so many pictures in awe at how torn apart the car was and shitty it looked…

long story short…~$5k fix for free so dont be a dope and get it done.

bad news is they said it could take near 40 days to get back…not sure why…but who cares…free rental and a fix that’d cost ~60% the cars worth

GL
-KC

word… now get the benelli finished!

Get them to send you some of the pics!

you just found out about this? damn dude you livin under a rock? just kiddin man, i got mine done through towne last summer just before everything was settled. service was horrible, took me a week to just make an appointment because some assface adam or something (i think thats his name, its the goofy one with glasses) wouldnt return any phone calls. actual inspection takes like a half hour, they say itll take like 3 days but it actually took about a week and a half. towne’s frame & collision shop didnt even know towne bmw was sending me there so they were surprised when i showed up. they got me a free rental car though, piece of shit g6. my car was dirty as hell when i got it back. but on the plus side i got a free repair that would have cost about 3800. (i had them give me a copy of the order.)

cliffs- towne bmw service sucks ass. ordeal is a pain in the balls but repair got done for free.

i knew about it - i waited as long as i could to make sure i didnt get an inspection have it check out ok and a year later need the repair…was jsut a reminder since theres a month-ish left of this courtesy

yea adam is the service writer - nice guy, no issues with me.

That’s pretty good news considering it could have been on your dime. Wonder why YOUR car was so bad compared to others they looked at.

Go play the lotto now too. LOL

X…

glad to hear you’ve had good luck there. though personally i think hes a dick. the saleswoman i originally spoke with and the bald guy in parts are nice, but the service department and especially adam left a VERY BAD taste in my mouth about that place. good thing i do my own wrenching, ill never reccommend that dealership to anyone. funny thing is the girl at townes collision shop agreed with me on bmw’s service dept there being horrible

I brought my wife’s 2001 325XI into Towne and everything was fine. But like they are saying above there was no charge for the inspection of the subframe.

i checked my m3 before i sold it when i had the subframe down to do some bushings…

everything seemed fine on mine, but i didnt really look at it THAT close other then dropping it down and looking for obvious tears… i didnt see any cracks or anything…

New owner hasnt posted anything about it either… and my car had coilovers with pretty harsh suspension on it for a LONG time, and ~ 10k with the SC

for some reason I think m3’s didnt have this problem…

I wish I had an e46 to check. I will within 12 months for sure!

When we bought my wife’s 323 a few years ago, I got it dirt cheap due to the LR corner of the subframe tearing out of the unibody.

Did all of the work here, ended up submitting the paperwork on the repair (retail invoice) to the class action address, and got a check 2 months later. Rockin’

I just checked and mine hasn’t been inspected yet. Do you guys think that the fact that I just installed the eibach pro kit(with the springs/shocks and swaybars) would hinder me getting it replaced if there are problems with it?

yes. no suspension mods. check e46fanatics. guys with wheels/exhaust/all that nonsense were fine, but anyone with coilovers or cup kits or any suspension alterations do not get anything…its stated in the agreement of the lawsuit…

if i were you i would have someone else inspect it…if they say your subframe is shitty, then its worth putting stock suspension back on just for repair, then drop it after :slight_smile:

^^^yea, jack up your car yourself or take it to an indy shop to check it first before you take it to bmw for the inspection. but they defineatly wont do anything if you modded it.

off topic-upstateeclipse, you never got back to me on those headlights.

pm sent

M3 's suffer from this just as bad as any other e46… More so because of the nature of their use