BMW E46 Subframe recall and repair - Mine was affected. Is yours?

In case anyone here would like to know - the 1999-2004 E46 chassis BMW 3-series cars are being “recalled” via a class action lawsuit for the subframe ripping/cracking away from the car - much like the common failures of the E36 chassis cars.

My own 1999 323i has fallen victim to this, but it is being repaired by BMW for FREE. You need to make sure your cars suspension is stock and the wheels and tires are stock as well in order for them to repair this for nothing.

my buddies 323 had the same problem with his subframe and got it fixed for free as well goodlooks

Wait, BMW’s arent perfect?? :wow

this is referring to the aluminum rear subframe? e39 had the same issue. and i was as blown away as you when i heard adam. :frowning: lol

Mind. Haz been bottled!

*boggled

*Stupid Honda jerks…

BOTTLED. Dont make me come over there.

*Throw a sammich

*Throwing it under your wheel, thus trapping you, that way you dont beat me up!

*lightning bolt, lightning bolt

*FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Haha.

…wow.

S E M E N ! !

Excuse me sir, I would like to “touge” your db1 family sedan. Thanks

all of the subframes are steel, this has to do with the chassis sheet metal tearing where the subframe mounts.

ohhhhhh. so you mean bmw has 2 problems??? where is adam?

BMW has lots of problems, the M roadsters/coupes got it the worst IIRC.

More:

95 M3 LSDs-some got loctite on the carrier bolts, some didn’t, there’s no known correlation with build date or w/e, it’s like they just decided to use it on some and not others.

Oil pump nuts (multiple motors)-not loctited, they back off, which sucks.

Z8’s had this nasty problem where the structure of the car would actually collapse and buckle inward, pushing all of the body panels together to the point where the hoods won’t open, etc. :rofl

Just came

yea but the interiors are SO COOL.