BMW E46 Subframe recall and repair - Mine was affected. Is yours?

better than any mustang I’ve been in.

MY SUBFRAME > YOUR INTERIOR.

:lol

http://z0r.de/698

Hoping someone hits my bimmer really bad
fuck this thing :lol

Nope, not every car was affected and as you can see it wasn’t too highly publicized or uncommon based on what happened to the E36, lol. My car is fantastic (with the exception of this) and has been good to me thus far!

My brothers 2000 323i had the same thing happen. Keeler fixed it for free, but it took a few months as I think they had to make the parts in germany.

jay do you know if the 2008’s were effected at all?

don’t think so, it’s just oil sludge building up on the intake ports you guys have to worry about.

i’ve heard rumor of spontaneous combustion for specifically 2008 models, what color? and trim level?

Serious? So the newer they get the worse the problems huh? Time to go 2002 shopping!!

They’re direct injection, it’s inherent, no fuel washing over intake ports to ‘clean’ them= sludge on intake ports.

Isn’t this a pretty common issue with the E46s? I always thought BMW had been covering them for free whenever it came up. It seems theres usually at least one E46 a month at the Keeler body shop with no rear suspension/subfrme in it waiting on repairs.

Yeah they’ve been covering this for a year since the class action suit went through.

DJ - The 2008s and etc. are only prone to the aforementioned and some of them are having cylinder head problems. One of my customers had some issue with the head on his and they wound up replacing the whole head under warranty.