Attn HD Guys:

being that im stuck down here in Ocean City, i was wondering if you would be interested in getting the talon back on the road for me. All it needs is a block and a clutch… I have a tranny for it. I dont know if you know of any 6-bolts laying around or whatnot. If you’d be interested, how much would i be looking at???

i know we have a complete 6 bolt swap down there that i bought extra and gave to jay for his eclipse,so i dunno if he would want to part it out or not.i’ll see what he says or he can just post for once…lol

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
i know we have a complete 6 bolt swap down there that i bought extra and gave to jay for his eclipse,so i dunno if he would want to part it out or not.i’ll see what he says or he can just post for once…lol

i wonder how much he would want for the shortblock… if i remember correctly, Kolar had some mild porting and all the seals and stuff in the head replaced, so i’d like to stay with the head thats on the car now if its no biggie. I would also need a clutch, and an exhaust, just something to get it back on the road… i sure i can find a stock one…

you think i should get another 2600 or is the 2100 enough?

2100 to just drive,a 2600 is overkill if u dont plan on doing some heavy modifying.also what condition is the head in?u might wanna get it checked to make sure its not warped or anything ya know.but like i said b4 i’m not sure if jay wants to part out the motor he has,i’ll talk to him during lunch about it

2100 to just drive,a 2600 is overkill if u dont plan on doing some heavy modifying.also what condition is the head in?u might wanna get it checked to make sure its not warped or anything ya know.but like i said b4 i’m not sure if jay wants to part out the motor he has,i’ll talk to him during lunch about it

yeah i hear ya. I couldnt imagine that its fucked up or anything… it was running fine before that chunk of the block broke off… if you think it would be easier to just keep the head then its no biggie. I could always just sell my head, pistons, rods, and all that shit on DSMtrader, since its just the block thats bad. U think i should keep the APR head studs in the new motor? i wouldnt imagine it would be that hard to rip the head off and do that while the motor is out of the car… :dunno:

how many times has the head been ripped off the thing?i’ve heard that ARP studs are really only good for about 2-3 torque downs.

how many times has the head been ripped off the thing?i’ve heard that ARP studs are really only good for about 2-3 torque downs.

ive never taken it off… :dunno:

they should be good then i would imagine

they should be good then i would imagine

werd… you hear anything from Jay?

he’s crunchin some numbers

:wink:

[thought]

My buddy Tim that was going to do the motor said he has a junk 6 bolt bare block…

He said smooth off the area where the block is broke on your block, then cut the exact piece off of his junk block and have it professionally welded on. But then, use a stock PP instead of the 2600 so there isn’t as much pressure there to break the weld. I think i even have a half decent stock clutch layin around…

[/thought]

i’ve heard that ARP studs are really only good for about 2-3 torque downs.

are u smoking shit george?

if ur block needs welded i have a guy thats welds them very well we done it on some wrecks!!!it can be done!!!give me a call if u want it done!!!& the price will be good!!!

ok!!!sounds good!!!

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
are u smoking shit george?

nope

Originally posted by gearhead
[thought]

My buddy Tim that was going to do the motor said he has a junk 6 bolt bare block…

He said smooth off the area where the block is broke on your block, then cut the exact piece off of his junk block and have it professionally welded on. But then, use a stock PP instead of the 2600 so there isn’t as much pressure there to break the weld. I think i even have a half decent stock clutch layin around…

[/thought]

thats not a bad idea. How strong do you think it would be? I think it would have to be strong enough to hold a 2100. I mean, at this point im thinking about keeping the car… If i sold it i would be losing SO much money that i would just have to sink into building up a new car…

it should hold very well,seen truck pullers drag racers,& cicrle trackguys do it & they hold!!!

Originally posted by Pewterss
it should hold very well,seen truck pullers drag racers,& cicrle trackguys do it & they hold!!!

:cool:

excellent. can you get me some approximate prices? would the block have to be dropped out of the car?

were ue it cracked at??
ez to get to?
ur block is cast correct?