ATTN: Mavis lovers (sorry nick)

ok for the record Nick (dc2nick) is a great guy and did everything he could for me but…wasnt enough

so saturday i went to Mavis for an alignment because ASS was closed. so lets start with how incompetent these dudes are from what im seeing before my car was even touched. one dude was smashing a rotor on a Dodge truck with a sledge hammer trying to get it free. EEK!!!

so they start my car and the rear alignment bolts are giving them grief. then one breaks. now im standing there watching everything. he calls the manager over and the manager says and i quote, " well…get it to spec and just weld it so it doesnt move." aaaaaaaaaahahahaha WTFFFFFFFFFF??? weld that shit??? i quickly say no no no!!! replace the bolt and everything will be fine.

so fast forward to this morning. i call Keeler, find the correct bolts and they are $10.40 per bolt. i call mavis and talk to the manager and he starts telling me that the car is old and that if it takes longer than an hour to get this bolt out and back together we are going to have a talk. haha so im like ok well…ur talking to me right now. he then starts getting louder with me telling me my car is 15 years old and thats its rusty and that hes paying for the bolt ($10.40) and hes giving me an hour for free. hahahaha so then im like “ok so ur going to charge me for anything over and hour?” then he yells louder “NO SIR THATS NOT WHAT I SAID!!! I SAID WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A TALK!!!” at this point im pissed and just waiting for this to come to a head to i hang up.

ok so 2:00 rolls around and i give mavis a call. the manager states that the bolt was a bear to get out and that it took 2 hours. so i ask if the car is aligned and he says yes, except the other rear wheel. huh? so the car isnt aligned then. hes telling me now i have to pay $79.99 for an incomplete job. WTF haha yea ok! he wont touch the rear divers side wheel because hes scared it will break. start babbling about how my car is old and everything under it us rusty and this and that blah blah. so im like, wait if your so incompetent about an older car then why did you agree to do the work in the first place? he cant answer and beings telling me that when they do work on older cars they end up replacing all the break lines and it cost well over $1000. huh??? at this point im not sure wtf hes talking about.

so i show up and talk to the manager. i ask for the keys and he tells me i cant have them until i pay. O REALLY??? i refuse to pay for a job that incomplete and he stats that if i dont pay im not getting my keys. hahahaha BRO UR FUCKING WITH THE WRONG DUDE! im doing everything i can to stay cool so i dont rip this ogers head off and the little mexican in the shop whos talking shit. i state that if he doesnt give me my keys i will proceed to call the police. he then tells me, “FINE!!! ALL THE WORK WE DID WAS FREE OF CHARGE!!! AND NOW YOU CANT EVER COME BACK TO MAVIS AND WE ARE GOING TO FLAG YOUR NAME IN THE SYSTEM!!!” im thinking…cool! every time ive come here youve done nothing but wronged me. so yay win for me!

moral of the story…FUCK MAVIS TIRE IN NISKYUNA!!!

again Nick is a cool dude and this was out of his hands

BECAUSE RACE CAR

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

some of their “standard procedures” rub me the wrong way. i brought my fathers LS2 GTO in for tires, so the goon squad drives it in, revving it excessively, i say hey what are you doing? the manager proceeds to tell me its normal… right ok

so a few minutes later i see the hood popped and they are all poking around, revving the car again. i ask once more what were they doing?

the manager once again tells me a line, this time " the guys have never seen one of these cars before and wanted to check it out" sorry the car isnt a training or display piece. i came in for tires, thats all you need to do. so change the tires.

the guy comes back with " its standard procedure that we inspect the car for damage before we perform services on it.

i said " well shouldnt you only be looking at the wheels for damage, since all i am having done is tires?

no sir, company policy is that we perform xx step inspection on the car. apparently revving and poking around under the hood of my fathers GTO is in the SOP.

oh and using the wheel as a step stool is SOP is awell.

i will not EVER go back.

Grand premier in East Greenbush FTW

yea not to mention the 3 fucked up stock wheels i have when they installed my snows. :facepalm

Ive only been there once and they swapped tires on my truck when I got new wheels and they did ok but my brother took his quad wheels and tires there and dropped them off and when he picked them up the tires werent even on the bead on the inside.

It took two more attempts to get them on right and that was after they charged some insane amount to mount them (and not even balance because its not necessary).

How the fuck do you not realize that the tires arent even all the way on the rim? Seriously?

I took mine to Walmart and they charged $5 each and didnt fuck them up.

Wont take my car to someone i dont know personally for any type of work…no exceptions. Exactly because of this…

One thing, whats wrong with trying to break a siezed up rotor free with a few taps of a sledge? Ive done that plenty of times. Maybe im an asshole but i dont see a problem with that.

I agree especially if the rotor is being replaced. Sometimes it takes quite a bit of “convincing” with a sledge.

Sorry to hear about all that Manny!

I had to beat the fuck out of the front rotors (junk anyway) on my old Elantra and the rear of my truck (also junk) with a big sledgehammer with a 4’ handle to get them off.

damn, exactly why i dont let anybody touch my car… cant trust anybody these days to do good work

well you can srsly fuck shit up doing that. they have air tools and heat, expand that fucker up first!!!

even then it will take some strong hits to get off

when me and k20 did my rear rotors and pads, we took a mallet of sorts to the rear rotors to get them off… didnt harm anything, but then again we didnt hit anything really important and were not retarded

I went to Mavis in Saratoga to have a tire replaced from a blowout. I was literally right down the street when it happened so I just pulled into their place so I didnt have to have the car towed. Car was just aligned a week before by a friend and the guy was trying to sell me an alignment despite me telling him it was just aligned. After I get the car back it pulls like mad to the left at anything over 55mph. I then magically get another blowout within 2 days and bring it back to mavis even though I was suspicious at this point. Guy starts running his mouth telling me I should have gotten that alignment and he knew id blow another tire. Sketchy mother fuckers to say the least.

And thats my mavis story, not nearly as bad as deadbeats.

And as for hitting the rotors it really depends where on the rotor the “tech” was hitting it.

the fucking goons at the tire warehouse in cp did this to my car last year when I came in to have two rear tires mounted. Pissed me the fuck off so I know how you feel. I was there for almost 2 hours. For a hour they pretty much had every single person in the shop over dingle berry fucking it. Also did the rev shit pulling it in/out. I was heated.

thats the last time I brought my car anywhere. Fucking goons.

http://i53.tinypic.com/vovcjl.jpg

I cant believe the manager said to weld the bolt back together.

What the fuck? we really have people running auto shops that are that dumb? god damn.

you should have just hulk smashed him.

If you guys care about your cars stop giving them to the high school drop out degenerates at these places.