Audi a4 suspension update.

I’ve got a spring that just cracked on the Audi, as well as a wheel bearing that’s starting to get a bit noisy. It’s time for a bit of revamping.

1998 a4 1.8t Q

After some research of my own I think the best route for daily drivability would just be a simple Koni Yellow with a Bilstein spring. Compared to OEM i’d rather go this route, since this audi is in monster truck mode. Obviously while I’m at it the wheel bearing will be replaced too.

Anyone with any experience how do you feel about this route compared to OEM OR… a full coilover.

Also, anything else to look for while I’m in there?

EDIT: Keep in mind this car is a daily with no performance modifications what-so-ever… and it will stay that way.

I had the same thing happen on the wifes 99 Avant last year, broken rear spring. We went with Bilsteins dampers and H&R springs. It rides great, better than it ever did. Its def not too harsh for daily driving but has a nice feel still.

Dan

I went KW Var. IIs - i loved the ride, not too stiff at all, however I didn’t have it for too long, as I drifted it into a tree.

Been there, done that. LOL

Juiced, how was the install? Anything to look for? Advice?

Yeah, oh well. Only thing that I have to say is that it was a bitch to adjust…

I had a simular combo on my 01 S4. It was stupid easy to do.

How are the control arms?

koni
tokico illumina
kyb agx

all solid choices for struts, with price going from highest to lowest

I had Bilstein/H&R combo in my B5 (rode great)
Eibach ProStreets in my B6 (rode great, got pretty low too)
And currently have B&G RS2 in my A3 (ride AWESOME, go super low)

Dam sandals

I only had the stock sport suspension. A touch lower but rode well.

:tup:

i had sport suspension… i liked it