Audi/VW peeps- suspension Q's

What extra suspension componenents are needed when lowering a car significantly? I’m pricing the H&R street coilovers with a max drop of 2.5" for the A4. Can’t find much online that’s car specific

watch out with your oil pan if you live where there are hills and dips.SKid plate might help a bit.

Well the question is are you just going to dump the car for looks? Are you planing on auto-x the car? Track it?? Regardless dont cheap out when buying suspension. I found out the hard way. Now in june im dropping the 1100 on new coils for my jetta cause it ride like a bag of ass. H&R are a very good brand Look into Vogtland also for your car there was a guy on CA-VA the put a set of vogtland coils on his A4 wagon and was very happy.

I’m lowering mainly for looks. I know the h&r setup can go as low as 2.5" or so, am I going to need a camber/toe adjustment kit or anything else if I go with the max drop?

I had H&R race springs on my Audi a4 and loved those. Pretty decent drop too

Honestly i say coils are the way to go.

Look at these brands:

B&G RS2
Ksport
H&R
Vogtland
Koni

All are very good coils.
Hop onto these audi forums and see what people are saying to run:

Get kw’s my friend had these on his b7 and it rode awesome and looked killer

You dont have friends :hug

I’m definitely going with coilovers, most likely the H&R “street performance” set. Am I going to run into alignment issues though that i would need extra parts to fix?

H&R
Vogtland
Koni are all awesome.

Vogtland is a good company if you want sporty but still really stock ride comfort.

I searched AZ and Vortex all morning and found alot of mixed answers. Some people say the tires will wear every 5k or so and others claim no difference. I know with the Z, for anything over a .8" drop you had to get adjustable upper control arms to take care of the camber. Am I going to need anything like that?

Your a herb?

Alignment on these cars, MK4’s I know for sure, might be different for the a4 but I bet it isnt… its only a TOE-N-GO alignment. Center the steering wheel and align toe to the rear wheels. Camber/caster isnt adjustable.

Iknow the MK4 geometry is set up very well so that the dropped suspension doesnt pick up/increase a ton of camber. I think with a standard 2.5" coilover drop, your camber should be off so much that it will be a big issue. If you were straight dumped, or on air… you will want to adjust the camber.

Search around on the Tex under your chassis’ section for dumped out cars and what they have set up.

I say just get a set of good coils. install them set the height you want and get a standard realignment if it doesnt look like it is waayy the fuck off camber wise. if it is, get parts then to adjust it out and then get it aligned.

do not buy ksports!!

just get some H&Rs and be done, or go with some Air.

I had H&R’s on one of my Jetta’s and loved them.

my H&Rs rode alright, if you go low on them they get bumpy since they arent adjustable shocks/struts.

i have FK konigsports on the mk2 with koni adjustables. it rides pretty nicely

i had kw coilovers on my mk3 and that was the lowest vw i owned and the best riding one