Audio Help: bose system needs to come out!

just stating what i do to everyone that i lend it to. you break it you buy it. otherwise, what ever.

as for the icy conditions, we can figure out a good time to go when the snow finally falls and gets a good coating!

LOL!!! yea, I played that card!!!

I gotta get a new board and bindings for this season, seeing mine got stolen outta my truck, then I’m gonna be down there a ton this year. Goin with a Lib-Tech Dark Series BTX… gotta find a binding to go with it though.

No idea on the sizes for the speakers though… what does Crutchfield say? Their’s in normally pretty accurate for sizes and such.

ill check out what it says, as for bindings, go with flux. all they do is bindings, so all there focus is on designing great and comfortable bindings. talk with the guys from buffalo boards, they will tell you about them. i fucking love mine, flux, super emblems.

For a 2004 Mazda 6 Crutchfield says:

Front 6.5
Rear 5.25…?

Some places say 6x9 or 6.5 in the rear. WTF.

is that bose or non bose. apparently they are different

i have yet to find something out. i tried to google it. nothing yet.

so i think i may be set back alittle on the amount of time i may need before i can go through with this

i am probably going to end up needing to be all new shit, speakers, head unit, wires. hip hip who ooo ray

got the word from a used parts guy from mazdamart, aparently all 4 speakers are 5 1/4

wow. is that for bose only?? i was showing 6.5s and a 6.5 inch sub. I found the dash kit but I do not see a into car harness tho thru metra for standard or bose cars

after talking with a mazda 6 owner that has the bose and did work on the speakers, thats what he told me was 4 door speakers at 5.25" as for the metra kit, it would just be a normal face plate for the mazda 6 it has the holes for the fan controls, and an opening for the cd player.

edit: this is what it looks likehttp://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/da/6a/ee66_1.JPG

dash kit is no problem. research what harness ppl are using. Metra’s site does not show a harness for your car. unless its all in 1 or the harness is included with the dash kit which I have never seen.

From looking at what he has and what he wants to do… it’s not going to be worth it for a wiring “kit”. Only thing that’s going to need to be tapped into is switched power, and power antenna, (maybe dimmer depending on his HU). All the rest will be new wiring through out the car.

true. didnt know if you guys wanted to get into that.

gotta love bose and mazda! I’m probably going to send an email to bose/send a complaint about how shitty the system is in the car and all the terrible reviews on it. Cant wait to see the response if any.