Audio Help: bose system needs to come out!

So I have the blows system in my mazda 6s, I was told it would be a bitch of a time to change everything out. Some place dont support changing these systems out due to the problems faced and the time it takes.

reasons this is a problem:
-bose runs on 2 ohm

-instead of the head unit providing the power to the speakers, there is an amp under the passenger seat that provides the power to the speakers.

-normal car audio is 4ohm

problem:
-I have never had to deal with changing speakers/head units out of a bose system

-the money it would cost a shop to do this is not worth the money seeing as I would rather upgrade on parts for that price.

-dont know of anyone myself that does side jobs like this

so pretty much, is there anyone on here that is very good with car audio and is looking to help a person in need. this stereo is shit compared to my last setup and i cant stand the cd player since ever so often the left side of my car cuts out with no sound when using a cd only.

if you can help. please pm me or post.

So basically a gut and replace with all new headunit and speakers… sure, I’d be willing to help you out. Shoot me a PM.

my advice is to leave all the bose wires + amps in place for when you sell and run all new wires for you new setup so you can easily reverse.

pull front and rear speakers
pull deck
run speaker lines
install new deck
done

figured that would be what i would have to do. the speakers are all in the doors, never wired into the doors before to be honest, im sure i can do it, but it would be a bitch. also as for removing and placing a new headunit, what type of harness would i use then from the head unit, to speakers…etc. never had to deal with bose. sorry if i sound like a moron with the bose, but i just dont want to fuck anything up.

Well there are a couple ways to do this. What I do normally is tap into the original ground, 12 volt and accessory power (optional power ant, backlight, etc…) via an adapter plug which you can buy at any audio shop. The Headunit you buy has a pigtail connector with open wire ends. You simply run new speaker wire to the speakers. This way you don’t cut or splice anything on the original harness.

This is good advice. That is generally how I do most of my installs. I leave the OEM wiring and just run new stuff.

It is pretty straight forward to do what you are asking. Make sure you do the leg work and get your wiring, dash kit, Headunit, speakers, amps (if desired), etc…

The only problem is that, unless Mazda changed it in yours, is that the radio is integrated into the dash:
http://www.carnuttv.com/images/2003/2003_mazda6_interior.jpg
I had this issue on my Ex’s 03. Does yours look like this? If so, this could turn into a bigger project.

Well there are a couple ways to do this. What I do normally is tap into the original ground, 12 volt and accessory power (optional power ant, backlight, etc…) via an adapter plug which you can buy at any audio shop. The Headunit you buy is a pigtail connector with open wire ends. You simply run new speaker wire to the speakers. This way you don’t cut or splice anything on the original harness.

This is good advice. That is generally how I do most of my installs. I leave the OEM wiring and just run new stuff.

It is pretty straight forward to do what you are asking. Make sure you do the leg work and get your wiring, dash kit, Headunit, speakers, amps (if desired), etc…

The only problem is that, unless Mazda changed it in yours, is that the radio is integrated into the dash:
http://www.carnuttv.com/images/2003/2003_mazda6_interior.jpg
I had this issue on my Ex’s 03. Does yours look like this? If so, this could turn into a bigger project.

right, i need the metra kit that runs for like $100 or so.

No shit. I did not know one was available. Nevery looked though because at that point I did not give a shit about her car.

If you can get that then you should be set.

Lucas… wanna tag-team this thing and just get it blasted out? LOL

i was planning on running all new wire, generally thats what i do so i have a much easier time putting things back. i just dont want to mess with installing the head unit, id rather someone who has done it several times over could show me or help me out on that. i think and figure i would know how to do it, just dont feel comfortable

Yea, everything you want to do isn’t difficult; just time consuming.

If you buy the Metra Kit; speakers that are the right size; the HU you want, and a roll of speaker wire you should be good to go.

If you guys are willing to help, let me know if you want food, money, or if your just up to help a person in need.

i will be up for any help, i just need to get some parts first, then ill be set.

edit: i also am able to do things as well, so it would all be put on you guys, i have wired all my own systems before, just never had to deal with the bose, and running new wires to the doors.

Hey, I’m willin to help… call it a pay-it-forward :wink: (And maybe a beer depending on how long it takes us :P)

Just let me know when you get everything together or if you need help figuring out what to buy.

What he said. No money nessecary. Maybe a beer or two.

Sure. We could literally get this done before the first beer is gone…well maybe not because it is soo damn tasty.

I’m willing to get it done too. I have to help Mike (Formula) out with some other shit anyways. If we could kill two birds with one stone that would be best.

Mike, it’s your call for time and place.

ok, well im down with that, let me get the stuff i need, may take me a week to be honest, maybe alittle longer, depending on what i have and what i need. i have a tone of audio stuff but i feel like i may need atleast one pair of speakers, and some wires. plus i need to get the metra kit which will take some time to get here, and a new head unit because the one i have is old.

first wanted to see who can help me, then go from there. got my answer, now i will go buy my shit

also the beer is a definite, if you guys are ever interested in snowboarding, or if you already do, i might be able to get some passes this next season and ill toss them your way or we can all go and ill take care of the passes like i said.

LOL… Lucas snowboarding… Last time I took him boarding he busted his head wide open, got a bloody nose, and wrecked his ankle… been trying to get him to go back, but he keeps refusing for some reason… Hmmm… :LOL:

well, i have an extra board, bindings and boots, if he needs shit. I’m also a snowboard instructor at holiday valley. so ive taught every type of person you can think of. lol

anyone have an idea of what size the speakers are on the mazda 6s bose? front and back doors?

im getting mixed remarks, either 6.5 in front and 6x8 in back. or they are both the same? dont no yet. if they are what i posted i already have polk audio speakers.

Aww shit. So you’re gonna play that card…I fucked my shit up pretty good.

I will admit it was a ton of fun though.

Teaching wasn’t the problem. The hill was fucking icy plus it was only my second time out. I would be willing to go again this year. It was just too expensive to rent each time. If you tossed me a loaner for the night I’m down.