Auto body supplies local?

I’m in the process of stripping and painting my car, just wondering if there are any buisnesses locally that I can pick up supplies from, like sandpaper, filler, paints and what not?

i know about eastwood and ordering online but I just want to see if there are any places locally as well.

thx

Al Wil

Napa carries paint in some locations. Carquest has some evercoat products.

Also this place, http://urbanpaint.com/.

How far you willing to drive to be considered local? You didn’t say where you live.

G D on Hyde park in Niagara Falls
Urban paint in North Tonawanda

Alot of Carquests have auto body supplies

Urban paint and Al Wil are our suppliers. Honestly though for lower supply leves, you’re probably better off buying online if you know what you need

Thx guys I’ll give them a try.

World discounts auto parts Elmwood location is where I buy.

Gino at G&D Autobody Supplies is on Pine ave, great people to do business with if you’re up for the drive.

Half way on transit is where I get all my supplies from.

If all else fails Napa

It sucks because my work wants me to work every Saturday because we’re low on people, and these stores are always closed early like at 1pm so I always miss them being open. I’ll just have to not work one of these Saturday’s!

Al will/Auto Finishers

Keystone

Auto Finishers on transit is where i got some supplies when i was working on the mustang.

I called all of the stores everyone recommended and found auto finishers to have the best price on ever coat rage gold body filler, so I’ll go with them. I need to get sandpaper and high build, base and clear once the time comes.

Eastwood has the ever coat for like $80 and auto finishers has it for like $46.

I was was goin to go with eastwoods contour polyester primer surfacer, I guess it won’t shrink and sands easy per Kevin Tetz in eastwoods videos, but if someone else has a recommendation that I can probably get at auto finishers maybe I’ll go that route.

thanks

I’ve used a polyester high build called featherfill that’s available at NAPA and at auto finishers…I will say, you need a large tip to spray it…I have a 2.3mm tip’d gun I bought on summitracing for $38 I use solely for high build primers/surfacers. I also recently tried a urethane high-build by Matrix and it’s the thickest stuff I’ve ever sprayed…its AWESOME for taking care of small surface imperfections and filling in scratches/gouges. It worked wonders on Haenzel’s audi bumper I did.

I’ve hear about needing a bigger tip to spray it as well, I’ll probably pick one up once the time comes.

2.3mm gun:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ttn-19023

if you haven’t bought any other guns yet, this is a good buy for everything you’d need…

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dvr-802789/overview/

I can’t say whether or not the 1.8mm tip will spray featherfill or the matrix stuff I’ve used, but I can tell you that the matrix high build barely comes out of a 1.5mm tip… I tend to spray my base and clear with my deVillbiss 1.3mm, I use 1.0mm for spot spraying for a detail-gun-like setup.