suggestions on where to buy paint locally?

hey everyone!
basically as the title states… just looking to see where locally i can buy paint/ painting supplies…

hoping to be able to paint by this weekend so any help would be appreciated

and how do you guys feel about hplv guns vs. top fed guns?
i have both at my disposal…

thank you!

Autobody of Schenectady
777 State Street, Schenectady, NY‎ - (518) 372-3511‎

thank you man!
have you dealt with them before?
havent ever bought paint and just want to make sure im not getting ripped off!

That or Autobody Supply in Albany.

good experience with autobody supply in albany

Always had good luck there.
I never had bought paint, but anytime I need supplies, thats where I go.
Been in business forever, never heard anything negative.

good deal!
thanks guys! ill be contacting both shortly :slight_smile:

Both places are great to work with! I’ve bought paint and supplies from both.

x2 pricey but good shit or you can try napa on wolf rd if money is an issue.

this too…if you get a return can of paint (wasnt mixed perfect for the customer) there is like a 60% discount

Hey, I hear autobody of schenectady and Autobody supply are the places to go for paint.

and if you pay cash at Napa tell them you are a student at capital region boces. DISCOUNT!

Ive dealt with Auto Body of Schenectady a ton of times and theyre good to deal with.

I’ve gone to autobody of Albany with a friend and they are helpful and know what they are talking about. Also NAPA on wolf toad Is good too, Ive gone there twice and both times they were very helpful.

careful they dont piss on ya cause you will get warts, start howling at the moon and die

ive found that albany autobody is cheaper and the guys are more knowledgeable than schenectady autobody. Ive bought supplies at both places several times.

Yeah I was about to post earlier, but I went to Schenectady autobody and they were out of one type of reducer so sold me another type saying it was compatible with my paint, but wasnt. Ruined the paint job. I’d still go there, just but make sure to get the right stuff you need.

thanks guys!
been working overtime this week at work so havent gotten up there yet… hopefully tomorrow!
i want to paint saturday

What do you have to paint? Def go to Schenectady auto body across from MoHo honda. I get all my stuff from them, and have yet to have a poorly matched paint mixed from them.

Whats your compressor setup like? HVLP is just a type of gun, High Volumn Low Pressure… basicly means you set the PSI at the gun body low and it still moves more paint. Look on the mixing instruction and follow that reccomendation. They usually have the PSI recomendation for a HVLP and a conventional gun pressure listed.

both guns accomplish the same thing, one just uses less air pressure.

bottom feed vs top feed. I like top feeds, work with gravity instead of making the gun do more work to pull the paint. pressure adjustments and needle, paint flow adjustments on the gun body are more precise with a top feed (gravity) gun I feel.

Another tip, match your tip and needle to the media your shooting. Heavy primers/filler primers NEED a bigger tip. 1.8-2.x for heavy shit like that. 1.6 for basecoat, and I like move fast with my clear to keep from getting dry spot lines so I like a 1.8 or so for clear coat gun.

all i have to paint is a front bumper, sides and a rear lip… and as far as the paint guns go im not too positive… a buddy of mine is supposed to teach me how to do it but we’ve been unable to match up time to get it done… im hopng itll happen soon!