Automotive Technicians step in......

ford fact program at ecc ford will pay for it if oyu stay with them for x amount of years

I have an Auto Tech degree from ECC. I thought it was a good program, and got alot out of it. But then you get out what you put in. The staff is excellent i still deal with them to this day. Too bad Chris is retiring. I’ve always thought i’d like to eventually go back and teach.

try to get in a honda school IMO

WHITEFORD IS RETIRING?!?!?!?!?!?! GAYYYYYYYYYYYY. I also have a degree form this program and I learned plenty from it. Just don’t be the guy that expects to go there and do nothing but pass everything. You get out what you put in. I put in a 3.8 gpa so i got alot out of it.

Last i spoke to him that was the word(month or two ago). We used to call him Dad as a joke. Good guy, wiseass and sarcastic fucker but good guy. He was relentless in his harrassment towards me when we spoke. Fucker LOL

You really want to work on cars the rest of your life?

You’re better off just asking your boss.

I’m a tech at BMW and they paying for part of my Mercedes training just because I asked them if they would.

Steve u think ecc is bad?? Try goin to alfred in the middle of no where lol its all red necks and then me and like 2 other city guys. All I hear is muddin and lets go huntin. It gets annoying lol

the way i looked at it, im guaranteed work. i was going to sell cars, but who wants to deal with all the stress. right now im working at a cadillac dealership, i know i can transfer, but think about this.

65 year old man and his wife come in to buy a new cts. i spot them and greet them at the door. the first thing this guy is gonna think is exactly this…
Can i speak to someone with a bit more experience in sales? what do you know about these cars that i dont already know.

i have no chance being 21 and from what i hear your always working to dig yourself out of a the debt you fall into if you dont sell enough.

im more of a hands on person whos always looking to learn something new. if you ask anyone i know i go through more jobs than elliot spitzer does hookers. its not because im a slacker and dont like working, its because im curious and want to learn as much as i can and try new things. iv always been an avid fan of cars and have been fascinated by them, most of my jobs have been in/around a vehicle of some sort.

YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED WORK. Mechanics are flat rate at most shops. so you could work forty hours and bring home 20 hrs.Very rare do people who take cars as a hobby are able to do it as a career.

ok but its not a mechanic, its a technician. a mechanic changes tires and does oil changes, i tech fixes specialized problems. your thinking of a mechanic shop, im speaking dealer terms. we are guaranteed work as long as they sell cars and have established customers.

working for a dealership and a hole in the wall auto repair shop are 2 completely different things.

LOL. keep telling yourself that. I loved when it was dead at the stealership. Out at 1pm. You are high as a kite if you think work is guaranteed.

Pauly:
You know Whiteford likes you if he fucks with you alot. As long as you can give him shit back and make him laugh once in awhile, you’re set. Doing your work with him is a must also. Damn I miss those guys. I’ll take the Trans Am up there before school let’s out. you know if Chris ever sold his ZR1?

i dont know what kind of dealership you work at, but i know the ones iv been to, even at buffalo rv, there was always work to do, whether it being used cars or new.

Do what you want but don’t say Ididn’t warn you.

i can see what your saying, but i would think it happens more at a small mechanics shop, they sit around and wait for customers to need work done. at a dealership, theres always cars being sold and coming in for repairs, i just dont see it being that slow and nonproductive. all the guys i see at west herr have no problem getting hours, most even collecting overtime. but then again, they get paid by the job and half the time thye only get half the amount of hours the job actually takes.

exactly warranty and upselling is what you will do. very rare is there actually good honest diag work to do. i have worked in a dealership i know how it goes there. after my internship i worked at west herr ford of amherst. the dishonesty made me quit

well yeah, thats a ford dealership, i noticed that they pay up front for your schooling. any other ones will only pay partial/after 2 years of work. if i was to do this i would be transferred to a toyota or honda dealership, fuck gm and ford.

most techs are flat rate, which mean you get paid by what you do, so if the dealership is dead, guess what your getting no hours, its the same for most detailers as well, unless your hourly your not guarenteed hours
this is speedped im at my buddies

:gotme: I’ve been where I am now for a year and a half, we always have too much work.

Some dealers will give you a guarantee. I get I think a 38 hour guarantee.