Axle Nut size??

1995 Jeep Cherokee…

Front axle nut… What is the size of this nut?

And also, do they use metric or standard socket sizes?

I have to replace the wifes Jeeps hub assembly tomorrow, and am not familiar with the auto at all.

if its the same as a neon, its a 32mm, try that, if not, 1"1/4 socket… gl dude

Hmmm…

Any Jeep owners or familiars out there willing to chime in?

Eh, I found it…

36mm… Yet another $16 tool I have to buy… Fucking eh…

*they might rent that size out at autozone - call them first dude

EDIT: they def rent them out, just used one last summer to replace my girl’s front wheel bearing on her '96 t-bird… pretty sure they have that size, might have even been the same that i used. just take the one you bought back if you can

If that is true TA, i will be PISSED… I definitley bought one, and will never use it again likely.

I didn’t know they rented sockets like that at Autozone.

Yes they do I had to rent a 36mm socket from auto zone to pull my drive shaft out to do my ball joints on my S10. Its about $10 which you get back (excluding tax) when you return it.

pwnt

ehh maybe one of your honda boys will need it, i know rsx’s and civics have 36mm axle nuts

i have a 36mm…mine is 36mm

How can they charge tax, on a rental? Your not purchasing it…

i bought the 36mm, in case i need to change my sprokect on my bike back to stock, and i realized that its the same size axel nut for my honda too

if you are taking the brake calipers off, you are also probably going to need an 18mm socket, which is not in most socket sets. (at least they are on a 2000 jeep grand cherokee)