Azureus issue

For all you nerd out there, I just got azureus last night and its working great however… after Its been running for about 30 minutes it drops all the downloads to 0 bytes/sec and kills my internet connection until I restart. If I don’t start azureus when I start my computer the internet connection will stay on normally for as long as the computer is on. Any ideas on how azureus is killing my internet, I was just downloading 3 episodes of top gear… thanks :slight_smile:

Unless your ISP has some sort of block on activity of the port Azureus uses(very unlikely as most isp’s don’t block ports), I’ve never had a problem with it. In fact I am using it at the moment and never had a problem with it set downloads to 0 and drop the connection or ever heard of it. Weird…

LOL…I experienced the same thing. Download Utorrent and no problems!

uTorrent >>>>>>>> Azureus

It’s amazing how much better efficent coding is.

uTorrent > *

No Java, great interface, and barely uses any resources.

Are you behind a router?

For some reason utorrent doesn’t seem to want to connect with my computer. Checked port, connection, etc. everything seems good but when I have a torrent in the queue it won’t download. I even force the download and it won’t despite having a potential 3000 seeders…

Weird. Azureus picks it up just fine. I wonder if the programs are conflicting, doubtful since diff ports, but still dunno.

[quote=“skiboarder72"”]

For all you nerd out there, I just got azureus last night and its working great however… after Its been running for about 30 minutes it drops all the downloads to 0 bytes/sec and kills my internet connection until I restart. If I don’t start azureus when I start my computer the internet connection will stay on normally for as long as the computer is on. Any ideas on how azureus is killing my internet, I was just downloading 3 episodes of top gear… thanks :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I used to get that with roadrunner from time to time… just restart the machine and resume it.

oh, and for some reason… utorrent always gave me real shitty d/l speeds. Never had a torrent break 100K/sec (actually… never seen one hit 30k/sec)