Back from paradise.

So, It’s 8 oclock in the morning. It’s also spring break! Great… why the fuck am I up?

I’m going to work. Today I’m driving to PA with a 2 flatbeds, and a dually with a 3 car trailer.

Long ago, my friend and boss was driving through PA and noticed a huge scrap yard with plenty of rarities in it. Stopping by, he tried convincing the old man to sell some of the cars. The old man refused and fired a warning shot at him. So he left him his number.

2 weeks ago, the old man calls my boss saying he needs to liqidate everything. We took the first ride up there and brought back two cars.

A 1969 GTX and a 1970 Pontiac Firebird w/350.

The GTX is rotted to fuck, its a super commando and as it sits its still worth about $6000. Cool car though.

The firebird is rust free and is ready to be restored. Probably $5000 as is but it doesn’t need too much work.

Today were going to pick up 2 yenkos, a ZL1 camaro, a hemi cuda, and anything else that catches our eyes.

I’m going with $2000 to see what I can scoop up. Mind you we payed $200(yes hundred) for both the firebird and GTX. I’m jonesen for a nice pontiac :slight_smile:

Pics later.

Cool!

Even though you hate f-bodys haha.

:wink:

I’ll see if there are any old lotuses that are in need of some fiberglass love.

Haha, I don’t HATE fbodies… There are some I like. I like old cars in general, though…

hook me up with a cuda cheap and I’ll pay you when you get back.

Yeah.

I’m pretty excited to just see some cool old muscle cars.

This junkyard is wall to wall packed, so packed there are 2 yards.

There’s bound to be some cool shit.

Haha, If there’s any cool dodges/plymouths I’ll let ya know here(Iphone ftw) and I’ll grab something if ya want. It’ll probably need lots of TLC but you will have a numbers matching car. Everything down there is original.

I’m practically drooling I hope there’s a 2nd gen H.O./SD trans-am down there somewhere.

neat!

Wait, if you could only take two cars out of there, why would you take a GTX and a plain Jane Firebird 350 when there are Yenkos and ZL1’s sitting there?!

:tup: cool find!! I want lol.

Edit: Cool fact… The ZL1 with slicks ran a best of 11.6s at 122 mph STOCK!

Haha my boss ran down just to scope out the yard and had only $400 bucks on him when he got there.

And just his flat bed.

If the GTX is rotted that bad i doubt its worth close to 6K.You could find a decent driver for around 8-10.I payed $3,200 for mine that was solid about 5 years ago,it ran good and still had the hemi 4 speed in it.His he going to restore it?If i had any cash right now i would be interested,i still have my 499 stroker waiting to go into something.

I think he wants to flip it.

But I doubt he will take anything less than 5 for it. I’m not a mopar guy so I have no idea about the entire car pretty much. Somethings gotta be rare about it.

Please tell me you are fucking joking?!?!?!?!
Please!!!
And if not, please give me the address, I’ll be down there.

Are they real, legit cars? If so, goldmine. Considering there were only 69 of the 69 ZL1 camaros made. Take TONS of pics

Dont get me wrong,they are worth money,but a bucket of rust wont yield much.If the body is that bad he would make more money parting it out.

Nope, no joke. :slight_smile:

I was just talking to him about you and your car too(yeah I admire your camaro haha)

He was “that guy” who bought cars, and drove them into the yard and left them, for no reason.

Post up some pics if you can.

Save some cars for me! Hopefully they are rotted through from sitting in the fields.

I do expect a ton of detailed pics.

BTW, there are 2 other guys in the WNY area that brought home some rare old Mustangs, GT500, GT350 and parked them in their yards. I got to bring my zoon lens out to take some pics of them.

Dude…sooooooooo interested, i’m interested in any 67 to 73 muscle car(ford, chevy, mopar, anything really) in the $200 to $400 range(if he really is sellin em that cheap 0.o) whatever needs the least amount of work(just the least amount of work, it can still need some work of course considering the kind of cars we are talking about)

idk if you still have my number but i’ll PM it to you just in case as I don’t have yours

You realise I have to haul these cars to NY.

no way in hell I’d buy a car for 200 and sell it for 200 haha its simply not worth my time.

dude ill go down with my trailer and drop 5k yesterday if some of these cars are in fact there and workable. not calling you a liar, but seems too good to be true

Sounds interesting, take pics.