Talking about rare 69 Yenko Camaros

We were talking about rare 69 camaros in the “new GM performance engine lineup” thread… I thought this might interest a few of you GM fans. My dad has always been into the 69 camaros, he has 4 of them. The rarer 69 camaros were the COPO cars (Corporate Order Production Operation) w/ factory 427 4 speds from the factory and the rarer Yenko 69 Camaros out of PA. My dad has restored 2 of his 4 cars already along with a 66 Vette w/ a factory 427 4 speed. He has met a few guys a few years back, they have a company that restores extremely rare classic cars from the ground up. They are out of Latrobe, PA called Super Car Workshop, they were asked by one of the Spike Powerblock shows to do a live restoration on TV, im not sure if they decided on it or not because they are already backed up 3 years!!!. To get to the point, we do all the body work / restoration on the body of the cars for them when we are slow. We car currently working on one of the rarest 69 camaros ever made. Its a Gold Yenko Camaro w/ factory 427, the color made this car so rare, I belive there were only 7 originaly made, and there is 4 left in the world to this date and this one is one of them. This car is worth upwards of over 1/4 million dollars when done. I wish I was the owner. After months and months of prep and hard work, they finally sprayed it today, I took 4 pics of it in the booth, they are a little blurry but I figured it is such a rare car, it felt good to watch it being painted here. Check out the pics… tell me what you think, I will definatly post pics after the body is finished and being loaded up on the trailer to go back to Latrobe where it will be finished.

bad ass car

definatly… i love my dads cars but i wish this was mine!!

where in latrobe is this place? I never heard of it.

http://www.yenko.net/dealers/yenko.htm

I kinda always wondered if yenko would ever make like a yenko civic or something since theres yenko honda and the sport compact thing is big and all that.

probably not… thatd be a disgrace

that might be a big disgrace in your eyes but as an overall business venture it might not be a bad idea. id rather see a yenko GTO or something with muscle car roots!

no trust me, in the general consensus in the car world, it would be a disgrace.

The Honda Civic is not a performance car. sorry to bust the bubble

i never said or meant to imply that a honda civic is a performence car but what about a Yenko 350z or a Yenko Cavy :eek3:

no and no.

Yenko is known for their GM’s, nuff said.

a cavy is GM :doh:

no, it’s a piece of shit

just give up the arguement… the thought of Yenko making a sport compact is pretty stupid

AGREED!!

Please dude… think about what you are saying, these Yenko cars are worth anywhere between 150 & 200k+ They are a classic make of cars, which is gone forever at this point and thats what makes them so rare. Making a Yenko Civic is proably the dumbest thing I have ever heard… like literaly. Now please go back to hondatech… and let the educated car guys talk :owned: I mean everyone has their own opnion, but DAMN that was stupid

You proably wouldnt know where it is… its not a business with a front door / office / and showroom… its more of a (if your in the field of what they do… you will know who they are / where they are) They are already backed up 3 years for full restorations, they dont need any advertisment. I mean I could be wrong they may have a front office, etc… but im 99% sure its a closed shop operation, etc…

i didnt say to make a YENKO civic! i said i liked the idea of bringing a YENKO performence vehicle back to our generation! :wtcslap: