Bad crash in Arizona...

holy shit… :frowning:

the only thing to do in that situation is to ram the gas to the floor, the car with more momentum wins. Per say your gona be hurt but may live. As you see he is slaming on his breaks, bad idea. Poor guy.

damn. we need to find that bank robber’s parents and throw them off the fucking hoover dam for raising such a worthless scumbag into this world.

RIP to that poor soul in the supra.:meh:

Not that I want to get off topic here but are you saying that increasing speed will increase your odds of survival in a head on collision?

i am pro suicide if u wanna die do it. ur selfish and no one loves u. dont kill others

[quote=“nelstoys,post:22,topic:39920"”]

the only thing to do in that situation is to ram the gas to the floor, the car with more momentum wins. Per say your gona be hurt but may live. As you see he is slaming on his breaks, bad idea. Poor guy.

[/quote]

If what you say is true, the kid in the supra would have had more time to get out of the way than to achieve a speed greater than the criminal. I doubt the kid in the supra was speeding in the first place and the other guy was already doing over 100. He had no time to react, for all we know he could have been messing around with his radio before even seeing this other car drift over into his lane.

If you hit a car head on and are going faster then the car coming at you, your car has the upper hand as it has more momentum. You can see the supra get pushed back and whatever the ass holes car is, actualy push it back. The best thing he could have done was slam the pedal and swerve to the left. The ass hole would have hit his pass side.

Ither way it sux for the guy in the supra. Fucking dick face wanted to kill himself should have taken a 9mm to his god dam tempel.

I would defy any of you to react that fast…esp with no knowledge that someone is going to come head on into you at 100+mph.

By the time the shock/surprise of seeing someone coming at you set in it would be too late.

The one video angle shows the Supra lock the brakes up for a second before impact.

There is NOTHING the Supra driver could have done to avoid this aside from stop for gas or wake up 5 min. late.

This is unreasonable in this world and it is simply amazing the amount of trust we have in others to not do this sort of thing everyday on a mere whim.

"There is NOTHING the Supra driver could have done to avoid this aside from stop for gas or wake up 5 min. late.

This is unreasonable in this world and it is simply amazing the amount of trust we have in others to not do this sort of thing everyday on a mere whim."

you are right.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1378322081907994448&q=high+speed+head+on+collision%3B&total=24&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

and the 5 series is a similar setup to the supra.

f/r 6 cyl. somewhat beefy engines. safe. or relatively.

and that dude was doin 100+

wow

I honestly have nothing to say other than FUCK YOU, if you want to ruin your own life go ahead just leave others out of it please.

holy mother…in the youtube clip you can actually see the dude laying on the dash of the supra. as soon as the cameraman is aware that he is visible he zooms out really quick.

nelstoys, i really have to disagree

the main way to survive a crash like is to obtain the LOWEST COMBINED amount of impact energy. the best thing the supra driver could have done (pending unavoidable impact) would be to have come to a total stop

110mph into a car doing 110 is worse then
60mph into a car doing 110 is worse then
0mph into a car doing 110

lowest combined impact force FTW

this isnt football … the supra wasnt running with the ball for a TD, so the fact that it was pushed backwards (during the “tackle”) has ZERO relevance

:word:

Some guys on Supraforums.com and some other local forums organized a big meet and cruise to honor the memory of him…I thought it was pretty cool.

wooooooooooooooooooow.

Coming to a stop or slowing down is not a practical solution.
The best way to survive a crash is do do whatever you can to avoid it or lessen the impact.

Assuming impact is imminent:
The WORST thing you can do is hit the brakes.
Why?

#1—Hitting the brakes causes the nose of the car to dive moving surfaces that were designed to absord colission energy (bumper/crush zones) out of proper position reducing their effectiveness.

#2—Waste of time. If you have time to hit the brakes then you have time to cut the wheel. Even a glancing blow is better then a head on, and square, collision.

Using the brakes is almost worthless unless its combined with maneuvering.

Anyway, bad situation but the Supra driver had time to maneuver. Not much but he could have done something if he was paying closer attention. Unfortunately few of us do when just cruising.

i don’t think that was hrk’s point. nelstoys was saying that the supra driver would have been better off speeding up to increase his chances of surviving the crash. anyone with even a remote grasp of physics would disagree with this theory. that is what hrk was pointing out. of course, steering away to avoid being directly head on would also increase survival rates, but that wasn’t being debated. the basic idea being argued was whether the supra driver would have been better off hitting the brakes or speeding up, even though it probably wouldn’t have mattered much anyway.

back on topic: that is fucking horrible that he was robbed of the rest of his life by some dick thief.

eehh I misread then. Yeah speeding up would have been completely pointless… and suicidal.