Bad crash in Arizona...

Don’t know if any Supra fans are on here, but I saw this today.

Short version - bank robber intentionally rams bystander’s car head-on during police chase.

ABC15 Clip
YouTube Clip

Some stories on the victim:
ABC Channel 15

NBC Channel 12)

Sad.
This isn’t the guy that has 2 brothers that have supras too is it?
The guy on ABC 15 says, “It really hits home, the impact here”.
Probably a bad choice of words.

saw that yesterday

thats sad …

That is fcking bullsht… that seriously got to me… I cant imagine if someone that I cared about was driving home one day minding their own business and gets taken out like that. Truly a sad story…

terrible that people are so careless with life, especially of those they don’t know. Its like the guy who went into the mall shooting. those people never did anything to you, why would you do that to them, it just hurts so many people

That’s pretty awful…

Until we change our policy of protecting the criminals these will continue to happen.

How many times have you watched pursuit video where the police clearly had opportunity to ram the suspect off the road but just continue following. If they ram him off the road and he ends up paralyzed for life the police get sued. If they hang back and wait for him to crash they’re in the clear since the suspect is responsible for the crash.

The first opportunity they have to do a pit maneuver and crash the suspect when no cars are coming head on they should be taking it. If the suspect is maimed or killed in the resulting wreck, too fucking bad you shouldn’t have ran.

wow that sucks, imagine seeing that shit coming

Sad to see innocent people getting caught up in shit like this.

:tspry:

i am normally the one with a fucked up comment. this poor guy was killed mind his own buisness because some fucking asshole trying to make a quick buck doesnt wanna go to jail. congradulations asshole you killed a hard working man who was doing nothing wrong to u

Poor guy.

I agree.

Also the “pitt” maneuver is hardly ever done well and at the right time. Dumbass cops waith till the guy is at full speed before they do anything.

They should have small caliber Automatic weapons pointed at the front tires. That should be the tactic.

RIP :frowning:

+1

RIP

:frowning:

What a coward, this reminds me of that recent mall shooting. If your going to kill yourself fine, but please don’t take others with you. It looked like that kid had a lot going for him and seemed to be somewhat of a rollmottle to others. What a shame.

From the Supra boards.

My name is Dallis and I go by Rufus on AZHT.NET and Civicforums.com. With the recent loss of Alex we thought it would be great to see if we could all come together, regardless of what forums we exist on, and do something positive for Alex’s family. Very rarely does everyone come together like this and I can’t think of a better reason to do it, so please share this with every local forum you can. The guys on AZHT have asked that we all wear white shirts as well to create a uniform look.

A link to our original thread can be found here: http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48412

Our members have even gone as far as contacting the news stations…

This thread outlines our plans for a Donation Meet/Drive for Alex Ahmad, the driver of the white Supra, who was killed on 12/5/07 when a bank robber selfishly took his life by driving head-on into Alex’s Supra during a police chase.

Details
Date: 12/16/07
Time: 10AM meet at Lot 59 at ASU.
12PM depart Lot 59 to travel to the scene of the accident to pay respects.

(please be respective of all laws when traveling to the scene as we’d like to have everyone home safely).

We will collect donations for the family at the scene for all who are willing to contribute. We’re currently working to see if the family is receptive to having these donations presented to them. If they wish not to, we will certainly find an approprite cause.

We will accept donations from 12:30PM (travel time to arrive there) to 4:00PM.

There are links to the guys myspace on the supraboards…very sad. 15 page threads…outrage at the police…memorials. This hits home fellow speeders. Life is short…value every second of it.

Wow. That seriously sucks.
RIP

You got to wonder about police chases. Someone said they were chasing him at 110mph. And that after the Supra, there wasn’t another car for 4 miles.

Don’t think the police can win this one - they weren’t anywhere near him - in the footage, it’s like 3-4 seconds 'till the cops arrive.

So they’re not “close enough to take him out”, and not “far enough to let him slow down”.

Regardless, this guy made a conscious decision to crash into someone, and did it.