ball joint press

prob noob question

does anybody know where i can get a press to remove the ball joint from the a-arm, or know any other way to remove it and install the new one, the shop by me wants $90 for labor but i could easily do the work, i just dont know how to remove if its pressed in

front one?

Remove the c-clip support the arm from underneath and hammer it out. try to find a huge socket that will fit over the ball part but still catch on the base of it.

heat if necessary

Front? Just get a complete control arm. New arm + bushing AND ball joint FTMFW

Rear. Good ol’ hammer and a piece of pipe to fit around the ball joint. Easy pie

x2 Biggest hammer you can find and pound away.

I’ve never had to use heat and never had an issue just pounding them out. But the the new one defiantly has to be pressed in.

canadian tire has em

bran new front control arm only costs 50$ with ball joint already in.

Dealership? Part#'s for left and right plzkthxbai

aftermarket man…

Go to princess auto, buy a ball joint remover, and voila. Or remove the c clip, then hammer the shit out of it.

To put new one in, you’ll have to get creative, ie, gear puller in reverse, or get it pressed in my a shop, usually 5$ to get something that simple pressed in.

thanks for all the input, sorry it is the front ds ball joint should have specified,

coop le, thats prob my best option, anywhere specific to get that or just a local parts supply