ball joint spins before nut is off...

u can proll cut the nut of with a cutting tool if ur careful

PLAY THE BALLJOINT YOUR EMO MUSIC AND IT WILL CUT ITSELF :slight_smile:

haha!!!

did you yell at it?!

yeah… but maybe i need to break out the big guns:

LOLOL!!!

i dont know if its been said, because there was alot af shouting and overthinking goint on. take a pickle-fork, and jam the absolute shit out of it between the ball joint and the mount point using a dead-blow mallet or something equivalent. then use a regular 1/2 drive RACHET or breaker bar, and kinda buonch-push it with firm pressure, but not enought to go flying if it frees up. have a buddy continue to tap on the end of the pcikle fork with a mallet as you continue to try to loosen. have had to do this a million times on Slomies accord as the suspension has been off eleventy billion times this year

i tried doing that too… i think the nut is just too seized…

well, if you have to just use a dremel and cut north-south along two opposing sides of the nut so the nut falls off, but the ball joint is still good and you can just go buy a $1.29 nut at the hardware store and be done with it, i had to do that on my swaybar end links last year, it was the suxors

yeah, i think my dad has a nut splitter, i’m gonna give that a try.

sorry to bring this oldie back but if this happens to anyone else…just jack the lower control arm up! the taper will stop it when there is force on it :smiley:

i seriously shot spaghetti out my nose a little bit.

edit- friggen old thread. newposts ftL

ahahhahahahahha