Bar

Probably a long shot here but some of you guys are getting old and married…
Almost done finishing my basement and looking for a bar for down there. Should be in good shape, :pimp: factor a bonus. Also any leads on where to get good deals would be cool too.

scientist jeff has one, i’ll mention it to him

we are building one in our basement very soon. Ours will consist of glass block with neon lights behind it. Why not look into building your own?

I may head over there tonight…He said something on my facebook and it got buried under a bunch of smartass comments, I forgot to write him back about it. Is it sufficiently bro-tastic?

Not building my own because I’m on a tight budget due to putting $10k into the house in the last 2 months. No money left.

it’s nothing crazy, but its got a nice wood finish. he might have plans for it, i dunno.

I will be building my own. I suggest that you look into that. You can make it perfectly fit the space.

I have one.

60"x38"x22"
All wood with metal foot rail and metal top. Looks like brass but not sure. Front side has a couple sweet lion creatures. Back side has a couple shelves. Also have 3 matching highback swivel bar chairs that go with it.

You can see in the pic that my girlfriend started to sand part of it b/c she wanted to paint it white. It became difficult for her after 10 minutes, so she gave up like most females.

Looks pretty good as is but could be modded with some paint.

$100 and its yours. In Cheektowaga.

Jager that looks sweet. I had to look at pics on my phone so I couldn’t really tell…How is the condition of the top? I’ve seen them anywhere from like new to scratched to shit.

Top is okay. its got some marks and dings because it looks like a fairly soft metal. I really think it is brass.

Certainly not new, but the bar is many years old.

For $100, it’s in damn good condition.

Yeah I’m pretty sure I want that, unless Jeff’s roommate’s blows me away. Is it movable up-down stairs with 2-3 guys or is it one of those million pounders?

That bar looks pretty cool, good deal for $100 with the chairs

Joe if you want to recoat the top, use a self leveling epoxy and block it off on the top, you’ll get that bar look to it, plus you could put old coins or cards in the epoxy, just a thought.

+1

My father and I did this to the bar we built in his basement and it turned out amazing. It’s actually not that hard to do either and gives an amazing look.

we just ripped one up and burnt it like a week ago :lol:

hmm, I have no experience with that sort of thing, how long does it take? Easy enough that you’d want to do it for beer and $20? :smiley:

Real easy, the hardest part is making sure you block off all gaps to ensure no leaks, once that’s all good you mix the epoxy and pour it in, as the bubbles surface you take a needle and pop them till you get a glass-like surface. If you need a hand I’m free most weekends, shoot me a PM :tup:

Word. I’ve been jealous of Geoff’s man-cave since that party and need to get mine up and running. [nohomo]

like Motocross said, it’s pretty simple.

When we did it, we had some “crown molding” style trim around the entire edge of the bar that was a little bit higher than the actual bar surface, so we didn’t need to block anything off like he mentioned. We were able to pour it right in and then proceed with removing bubbles. That’s about it. Gives the bar a very classy look for limited money and time investment.

Also like he mentioned, you can put things under the coating like coins, cards, beer caps, etc.

When I get around to building mine I want to fill it with random cup coasters of all different brews and such.

It is moveable. its in the basement and needs to go up about 11 steps and right out the side door. Me, you, and maybe one other.

Just shoot me a PM if you want to check it out. No rush on my end.

Aight, figure on a week or so.