barrett jackson

http://www.futurliner.com/resto/resto_1.htm

The Indiana Resto

Yep, that’s the one. After I interviewed Don Mayton, he was nice enough to send me the DVD of the resto. Wow what a project! The thing has a top speed of like 35 MPH so even trailering it around to show it is a big job. I’d love to be able to get it to Wexford someday though.

ya 63k… i was shocked. i prefer the 77-78 bandit TA with the shaker. turbo 301;s are about as crap as you can get

With the Olds 403 (6.6L) or the Pontiac 400 (T/A 6.6)?

When I was 17, I passed up a 1978 T/A 400/4spd that was Blue with a powder blue cloth interior. It had a blown motor & my dad advised me against buying it. I loved that car, though. Someday I’d like to buy one, but not for $63K. That turbo only had 7k miles on it, though. Still not worth anywhere near that money in my opinion.

My dad’s neighbor had a 76 T/A 400/4speed that was sitting for many years in a barn and then behind his house. He died about 4 years ago and it was sold for I think $3,000… it had some surface rust but nothing major and roughly 16,000 original miles. The tires on the car were the originals. I wanted it so bad but it was gone before I could get the money together.

What a shame… Def. would’ve been worth something.

either or… i mean its a poncho so i’d want one with poncho power but of course i’m not opposed to anything olds :slight_smile: the 400 thou is more powerful. if the 403 wasn;t so smogged out it woulda been a nice engine. tons of torque.