barrett jackson

anyone watching today? it starts on speed at 5 i think.

Speed Channel I take it

My bad.

Nah, I’ll just catch it on one of the 11ty billion times it’s re-run on Speed Channel between Unique Whips re-runs.

The Barret Jackson auction should be shut down. Fuck that.

This is true because guys like barry white come in with their $250,000 muscle cars and now everyone thinks their car is Barrett Jackson million dollar cars.

I’m expecting the prices to be down this year, with the real estate problems out there and such.

I’d like to bid on a beautiful Black '59 Impala that is going thru Thursday (too bad it’ll sell for about $100k more than my bid). It no-sale’d on ebay about 2 months ago for $57K, so they more than likely want over $100k :frowning:

Fuck Comcast for not giving me the Speed Channel.

I’m one of the people who watches it to see the cars, and some of the unique vehicles that pass over that stage. I’d really love to go and just walk through the 1000+ cars that are there every year. The prices are way over-inflated, but I’m not buying anything.

keep your eye open for any 2006 shelby hertz cars, i would like to know what they bring. thanks

eh…I watched it last year and got pretty bored. I’ll still be at work anyways today.

uhh well you have to pay for it like the rest of us. i specifically got it this month so i could watch barrett jackson…the sports package is like $6 more

i like to see the cars too. It does put a damper on things when people see taht and think they have goldmines. I could careless what my car is worth except if it gets totalled. i’m in it for the cars, not to get rich. cars inherently are a bad investment due to inflation. well anything under 100k is. say for example i bought a GN in 87 and i paid 18k and now the car is worth 18k, someone would say it didnt lose any value but infact due to inflation that 18k in 87 isnt the same as 18k now.

x2

Unless of course you have an extra GM Parade of Progress tour bus laying around. CAn you imagine being that guy? He was looking to make $600,000, left with $4.1 million. That bus was pretty sweet looking though.

A. I’m cheap
B. It used to be no-charge.
C. It’s no-charge on DirecTV.

Can’t wait for ViOS.

i got free cable so im watching it ! some really nice cars and some are going cheap too !

one brought $42K early in the show.

i was flickin through and caught the turbo Bandit T/A, clean, but got alot more then i thought it would.

I have been watching/listening to it while I have been working. Some pretty cool stuff have rolled through

When we had the radio show on KDKA, I interviewed a guy who worked with a team of volunteers from some truck museum in Indiana. They restored one of the other original Futurliners from the Parade of Progress. After they got theirs completely restored they sat and watched the one go on Barrett Jackson for over 4 Million. They couldn’t believe what they were seeing.