Bass Pro is a go

We all thought it but now it is official.
$130,000,000 is now freed-up for lake front spending that can now be used on something useful.:tup:
Now we can split up the eggs from that one basket.
Lets keep our fingers crossed that something smart will be done.
See Milwaukee for great lake front plan.

hoorah.

sadly, it’ll need more then just finger-crossin

darn

More of the same old same old in WNY.

:rofl:

buffalo govt wont be able to make a smart desicion untill the local economy collapses and canada buys WNY to convert it to the province of south ontario

espn zone…Go build it!!

I don’t think Bass Pro needed Buffalo.

More importantly–I don’t think Buffalo needed Bass Pro. At all. The patrons wouldn’t have spent much other time downtown, they likely would have built another parking garage so they wouldn’t have to walk around the city at all, they wanted to tear down half the building and likely put up some Lincoln Log piece of crap that would look more at home in Amherst than Buffalo, and the space is better utilized by something that creates good jobs.

It would have been nice, but I don’t see it as a problem with Buffalo at all. I’m certain somebody from Buffalo will use the space better in the future because they have vision whereas some corporate guru from wherever just looks at the money that will flow into their pockets and away from the city itself.

nice to see that they have the option to spend that money on something useful, but it’s almost guarunteed that they will not do the right things with it…

finally!

now that would be something to build…

ive been to several across the country… and they are crazy people bringer inners

And what is a better building for one than a former sports stadium? Ever since day 1 that i heard about this i thought they should have built and espn zone right on that spot. It would give hundreds of people that cant get into the games a place to watch the games. I think we are well overdue for a goddamn ikea as well.

+1 for an Ikea

ikea would be nice esp for all the new lofts being built

I just think that its messed up that you pass 2 on the way to Toronto and the next closest one is pittsburgh. People go nuts over these places and its not like building one here would take alot of business away from the other ones. It just makes sense, just like an espn zone at the aud only the ikea is a can’t lose deal.

the old aud should = Indoor motorcycle, or go-cart race track… that’d be :pimp:

RIP DOWN THE SKYWAY! BUILD ME A CONDO!

It’s sad to think that UB could have been built where those stupid condos are now.

Good riddance to bass pro. What a retarded idea that was.

+1 to tear down the fucking skyway.

We have this incredible unique resource called a major waterfront with a great harbor, it is the sole reason that this city even exists, yet the city has forgotten about it. Come on…

+1 for ikea

Good. That was never going to do anything good for Buffalo anyway. Multiple waterfront projects (hopefully) > fishing store.