Battery or alt. belt bolt???

Ok I know theres prolly something like this already but i dont have time to go and find it but The bolt that lets you tighten the belts on the alternator is missing and now i have the battery, collant, and the brake light on and the car is just dying after about like 4 minutes. Could this missing bolt be the problem??? its on a 1g laser 2.0L NT automatic FWD. its the bolt you tighten on the alternator that tightens the belt thats all i know.

holy fuck. you are the worst poster on this forum.

that said, if your alternator belt is super loose, then it’s probably not charging the battery.

do you have to jump start your car?

wtf is collant. there is a collant light?

a battery is not needed to run the car, so if you jump it, and then it dies, then you jump it, then it dies, then it’s NOT the battery, it’s a charging system problem. but if the belt is fairly tight, then i think you might have a bad alternator, or bad charging circuit wiring.

cliff notes: wtf is collant. you are the worst poster ever. it’s probably alternator related.

ugh if newman didn’t already get you…I would have…

Sell the car, buy a bicycle.

But yeah, what Newman said. Alternator isn’t turning because the belt is super loose. Fix the adjuster mechanism, put on a new belt since the old one is probably worn to shit from being so loose, tighten it, and go from there.

Don’t drive it at all, because you’re probably not turning your water pump either.

When you’re done, jack the car up, put your head under the front tire, and release the jack.

That could explain the “collant light”.

also, i’ve seen this car before, and i’d like to point out that the windshield has 3" mailbox stickers on it that says:

~DRIFTER~

yes, it has the ~.

It also has strobes and nos stickers.

:lolham:

haha mailbox stickers. sweet. such a cheaply riced out car that u went to the hardware store for the lettering

:ham:

if ur collant lite is on, u might need a collant cleansing. n 4 the brakez, u might need new1s.

by a new battery 2.

i dont think a bolt has nething 2 do w/ ur car dying.

Oh, Dawn is totally right.

There is no way that a bolt is causing all the problems you are saying.

well duh. . . im a meckanik.

i work on cars alllllll time time. i no wat im talking about!

omg this made me lol

like newman said, the BOLT MISSING for the belt tensioner is probably the problem…

Just cuz your a fuckin mommas boy dont make you cool, people have their own opinion on their OWN cars and theirselves, just because other people wanna be Pricks wont make you all fucking special. There I think i explained it pretty well.

what? no, you didnt. you barely made any sense

newman is cool because his parents buy all of his cars, duh

yea he cant buy them himself? just cuz you have nice cars dont mean shit. unlike him i bought my own car and do most of the repairs.

and you can’t turn a single tensioner bolt???

:biglaugh:

I think I found my favorite thread for tonite.

i’m a girl and i could explain that shit better. it’s clearly the bolt. if the belt is loose, how do you expect it to move?

and also, i heard newman’s so lame, he drifts his automatic fwd laser… OH WAIT.

Dawn, you don’t know ANYTHING.

The tensioner bolt has absolutely NOTHING to do with belt tension, and dash lights turning on.

His altenator charging motion sensor is dead and he needs to take it to the dealer to have it replaced.

ooooh.

along with that, wouldn’t he need a new alternator, alt. belt, battery, coolant flush, and new brakes? that’s what i heard.

Yeah, those early DSMs, when your dash lights come on you need a new alt and a coolant flush.

Really is a nightmare.