BBQ and etc

ever notice that things dont always get planned out like they did back when Sammy helped out. when Sam was a member of this site events got taken care of. he either fronted the cash or wheeled and dealed to get the events going. without him i and others noticed that nothing really is that organized. Like this years BBQ when is the actual date? where is it? i know alot of shit went on this year but there are more then one person on this site that can do things. Sam was a person that somethings gave good advice, helped members out with car issues and gave back to the board in varies ways. but if you noticed since he is banned cause of personal differences with Whitey not much organization is going on. Now since he is gone why cant we have someone that can organize things? Now i have no clue about doing things like that just figured i would make a post about it. chance are this will get deleted and i dont give a fuck. but has anyone else noticed this direction things been going since Sam has left???

didn’t sam leave years ago at this point?

Why don’t you plan something? Planning an event should not rely on just one person. Its definitely hard work, and time consuming. I have planned the christmas party every year since the start of pittspeed. No one ever helps me, its just expected of me. Starboy just planned the Dyno Day that a BBQ was mixed into it as well.

I made a thread weeks ago about trying to have a BBQ, no one ever gave me a place to do it. And I was somewhat preoccupied with planning the Pinks party as well.

step up and do something, instead of bitching about it!

no

but whitey is right, more of us could help step up, if more of us did, then maybe it wouldnt be a problem with the no under 21ers at the pinks party, and we could have found a different place for it to be at

i was trying to look and find a place for a BBQ, wish i was still living at the house i did this summer wtih 21 acres of property and a 5 bedroom house and 3 car garage haha, id say come on up, but what about emerling park in fox chapel? big area, paviolions, pond and a creek to fish, basketball courts, baseball fields, etc??

edit hope what i said makes sense haha, after re-reading it, it kinda does, english skills own me

yes you can say im bitching but also making a point. ever notice how any event fails? what ever happend to the go-kart days? shit like that. yes you did the xmas party but the first two bbqs sam planned and was very successfull. why not have him as amember once again? sam doesnt mind doing things like that as long as he gets his share of credit

yes ppl expect you to do it, its your site so your expected. is that right no but if your the man of the site you should have ppl you can fall back on that can do events for you and your site. maybe have moderators serve more duties like planing events and etc.

i named a place Brian’s he has stuff that can be burned and plenty of land, im not sure on his part it was here before tho and it was a good turnaround. not many restrictions in west moreland where you cant do things.

and i guess speaking up is bitching :rolleyes:

why dont you plan something on your unemployed time then rather than bitching>?

sorry no unemployed dipshit

and why dont you do something other then nothing, im speaking my opinion and last i checked this is the section to do it in

do something other than nothing. hmm.

i guess a full time job, a house, 2 hockey teams and getting married is nothing.

carry on

:pissingmatch:

whitey if u like i can talk to the dude that owns the house and property, nobody is living htere now, only downfall, its in sarver

as nothing for the site, your point of attack is worthless for this topic

so to you, carry on

Thanks, I appreciate that. I am not even sure where sarver is though. We found a place out in Imperial we can have the BBQ at. I just don’t have time to really plan it right now. The only day that would be good for me is the 21st. and thats just 15 days away. Not really enough time to plan a BBQ that i would guestimate 100+ people attending.

if someone wants to take over and plan it for the 21st that would be awesome. I would love to see it go on, right now I just have way to much on my plate. I will give you a detailed list on everything you need to do, starboy can make a banner and what not.

i vote quik to plan the BBQ?

didnt i just say Sam would be at it and wouldnt mind as long as he was recognized? thats what i thought

its north of pittsburgh mills mall on 28, kinda out there, haha

21st would be good for me also, i can give him a call, nobody is around that place, soo we can do whatever, and not worry about cops, plenty of placees to park, and the emerling park i dont think would be a bad idea, lots to do there

i dont know sam, but i have always heard he’s a nice guy in person, and i know that he’s done a lot to help people out car-wise.
but you have to admit for a while there he was constantly involved in a lot of useless bickering that didnt help or contribute to anything. i’m sure if you searched back into his posts you would see 5 to 10 needless attacks on members to every 1 or 2 helpful posts. that’s pretty sad considering he was probably one of the more knowledgable people on the board. who wants to even bother signing on here if its just going to be a bunch of pissing matches every day?

as far as the picnic, i dont know what to tell you. it seems like you guys have done a lot over the past few months with everything surrounding pinks. maybe the picnic will have to be sacrificed for everything else. i guess some people just have more of a life outside of pittspeed than others and need to take care of other shit. but if you want to plan something and need a hand, let me know. i would be willing to lend a hand.

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

i second that

and if you want sam to plan a bbq, have one for street and strip.

The golf outings always seem to be planned well. Other than the rain!

Admittedly I’ve kind of slipped on my helping out this year too. I was usually involved with the golfing and picnic. Pinks, family, work, & car kind of tied me up more than usual.

AW wahhh, what a poor cry to get a banned person back on the site…and yet so long after the fact. Live and let die man, no need to beat a dead horse and be a bitching woman about everything.

actually he did… and came back and left again all before you were ever on here.