been wondering bout some funny stuff people hear

so often times we all run across some people that do some pretty dumb mods or just plain weird shit like thinking their status is twin turbo and that is just the alternator and some other stuff lookin like turbos, or people custom gapping their spark plugs, or buyin intercoolers and having no turbo. I want to hear them all what is the funniest thing you have heard of someone doing.

[quote=“1995z2d8"”]

I want to hear them all what is the funniest thing you have heard of someone doing.

[/quote]

Buying a honda.

just look on ebay

bust out the dome light and rip a green LED out of the dash and jerryrig it into the dome light and drive around with the domelight glowing slightly green.

FMIC on non turbo’d ford focus

one guy on club3g installed a supercharger kit and left the belt off.the then installed a frontmount which had a filter on one side and the throttle body pipeon the other side

he said he just wanted everything for looks …but he also installed a safc and had the car tuned to get extra power out of his N/A car

makes sense to me…

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:6,topic:30315"”]

one guy on club3g installed a supercharger kit and left the belt off.the then installed a frontmount which had a filter on one side and the throttle body pipeon the other side

he said he just wanted everything for looks …but he also installed a safc and had the car tuned to get extra power out of his N/A car

makes sense to me…

[/quote]

no way did that happen, show me the link

most everyone who went to carlisle last year saw the NA car with a bov on the intake. might have been a honda? real sweet.

also heard someone say they had an ’ air to fuel converter '. wow, your gas mileage must be amazing! he also claimed his stock celica ran 12s. must have been the air scoops all over the car. :gotme:

Not sure what you mean about plugs. Getting the plug gap wrong can have significant performance effects. Most common situation is car with an aftermarket blower and a borderline ignition system. If the gap is too large, the ignition may not generate a spark or may produce a weak spark of short duration. The resuklt is misfiring and power loss.

Rich

I went up to importfest a few years back, saw a turbo’ed S2K. Upon closer inspection we noticed the intercooler piping was cleverly routed to not attatch to the TB. When we asked the owner why it was like that he stated that they finished the car late the night before and didn’t have time to tune it. OK, but you did have time to create all the new intercooler piping and get them powdercoated??

[quote=“supry,post:10,topic:30315"”]

I went up to importfest a few years back, saw a turbo’ed S2K. Upon closer inspection we noticed the intercooler piping was cleverly routed to not attatch to the TB. When we asked the owner why it was like that he stated that they finished the car late the night before and didn’t have time to tune it. OK, but you did have time to create all the new intercooler piping and get them powdercoated??

[/quote]

:bloated:

That sounds fine to me. Probably fabbed everything 1st.

yeah. i usually need to build the stuff before i tune it. lol.

however, freewheeling a turbo will destroy it.

[quote=“1995z2d8"”]

so often times we all run across some people that do some pretty dumb mods or just plain weird shit like thinking their status is twin turbo and that is just the alternator and some other stuff lookin like turbos, or people custom gapping their spark plugs, or buyin intercoolers and having no turbo. I want to hear them all what is the funniest thing you have heard of someone doing.

[/quote]

wasn’t this a chrystler sebring…not a stratus? hahaha

lets see too many to list. First one… will post more later

friend of mine back in HS: 97 Eagle Talon

him “it’s turbo charged”

Me “no it’s not”

him “yes it is… look it has the power button” (automagic trans) then proceeds to pop the hood

me “where is it?”

him “it’s right there” (pointing to the AC compressor)

me :wtf:

guy “I’m gonna get a twin turbo kit… one for high end and one for low end”

me “oh yeah? why not just do a matched single setup?”

him “because it doesn’t make as much power”
me :wtf:

i had some guy telling me he had a twin turbo eclipse.

tt I4… :bloated:

(although i have seen it on a honda)

A 4-door Neon with R/T badges, a automatic SOHC engine, and a BOV on his cold air-intake with the filter hanging near the lowest point of the car.

Pretty common, but I always shake my head at dual exhaust V6 F-bods. :gotme: If it sounded good it wouldn’t be that bad, but GM V6’s sound like ass.

k cuv’s exhaust on his NA v6 sounds fucking awesome.

Like I said look on ebay. People acutally buy that crap. Like the blow off valve simulator. You put it in you tail pipe and it makes a the sound when you let off the gas. The CO2 kits to make it look like your purging nitrous. The turbo/supercharger kits, which is really just a plastic fan. The front mount cold air intake. And there is a lot more crap on ebay. I’ve seen pretty much all of it on cars before. HotRodKid, post up that picture from the state college Carlise. The one with the 3rd gen eclipse with the fake intercooler. That by far was one of the funniest things I’ve saw. Or that other car that used house siding to make a body kit.