Bennyfizzle's dicktone 318i build thread.

yup, im gonna try acetone and qtips tomorrow.

its probly old enough that you cantake an eraser wheel on a drill to it. Unless its painted on like the lexus’ was then nail polish remover or gas works best

yeah it’s painted.

shits weak.

Pinstripe needs to /itself for SURE. I like how straight the body is though. What are you doing with all of the moldings though, respraying them black or body color?

Wheels look pretty good too, dial in the coilovers and this should be a sweet little car with the S52 in it!!! Dibs on driving it at some point.

Nobody drives it without a 10k deposit, in cash, sorry.

Finished the front end up:

got the motor off the ground:

whatta ya know, it’s an S52:

heading down in a minute to get the motor on the stand (one STUPID FUCKING TRANNY BOLT WILL NOT MOVE), finish up rear brakes, dial the coilovers down an inch or so all around and see where it’s at, then motor goes hurr:

figured I’d grab a shot with a better camera, still horrible, but better to show the true(er) brownness.

I’ve decided I’m NOT going to rebuild the vanos on the stand, and just do it at some point in the near future in the car, since it’s not a hard process even in the car. This means this thing should be in the car, and running, by next weekend provided the flywheel is in good shape when i pull the tranny and clutch off tonight.

I mean, honestly, this could be started like tomorrow. But probably not.

Lookin good fizzle

Pressure washer with tiny jet stream, srsly… Took my pinstripe off the Z no isssue

Just be carefull on plastic/fiberglass, as it will punch a tiny ass hole in it… I have a small one in my front bumper from it

i like the UPS brown

Lie. I have a signed contract here establishing dibs in compensation for transmissional needs satisfaction.

this guy’s the only exception, but he has to admit 205/40s can be fun too after he’s done.

Angle shots using ~5mm of tie-rod spacers:

Getting the last tranny bolt out of this fucking thing was HELL

ended up getting the grinder’s cutting disc between the block and the bellhousing and hacking STRAIGHT through the motherfucker. felt so good when the tranny finally let go.

Ugh.

This thing is SO dirty.

Lookin good benny! I want a ride in this fucking thing

yeah me too :rofl

when did you get hired by UPS?

Well then get to work slacker!

dude I was ON this thing from 1030am til 930pm last night, I am in serious pain right now.

Spun the rear coilovers all the day down, and it didn’t do SHIT.

Before:

After:

Luckily I’m friends with the vendor that got me these coilovers, so I’m going to yank the adjusters out in the rear and see where that gets me, if it’s still not low enough I’ll trade springs for only the cost of shipping for some shorter ones.

Got the motor torn all down yesterday, yanked the harness and cooling lines off, and also took the old a/c bracket off. No pics of that yet though.

Thing’s looking really good man, keep up the work and the updates! :thumb

i like the black rims on tan car. looks good!

you should wait till you drive the car benjamin. Since there is no weight in it right now and they are new they might settle alot once you actually get the motor in and move it