Benz people....

Any on here?

Looking to get into one and looking for some opinions on how they really are to own.

Thanks.

what kind of Benz are you looking at?

I own a 2000 E430 4Matic and love it. I have yet to need any type of service/repair, but when I do eventually have something go wrong, it scares me to think how much it could cost. That IMO is the biggest con to Benz’s.

I test drove quite a few, and all of them were really nice inside and out, as well as fun to drive.

great to own under warranty, otherwise roll the dice.

my parents had an 01 e320, it fell apart in the 3 years we had it. all sorts of shit broke. the led displays inside the vehicle constantly had pixels out making it unreadable. the car was making some pretty strange noises when it was handed back in from the lease.

oh and replacement keys cost over $250 each, and you have to leave the car with them for a whole day to get the car programmed for new keys.

IMO it is not worth the hassle to own. Parents went over to Infiniti for the next one and never looked back.

I think there super nice cars, but IDK how exactly to say it but there not quite as rewarding to drive as say a BMW, Infiniti audi ext, there just to quite and souless for me, lol I refer to them as drivin a hearse, really though there nice cars, although I cant imagine that they are cheap to maintain, GL

loved my old ml320.
it jumped good

Gotta dig deep in the pockets for the oil change.

x2

friend owns an older benz that is a HUGE money pit. Inexpensive and Mercedes don’t go hand in hand

My Dad has a 93 500SEL down in Florida, he really has not had any problems with it besides the typical stuff.

get a new 350 sport edition.

aww so hot

ML350 isn’t bad… comfey and fits a bunch o stuff.

actually looking at a slk

what year?

stay away… those kompressor engines are having A LOT of problems lately because of cam sensors are leaking oil down into the harness and eventually getting into the ecu, and well, lets just say you may be spending around 2k+ to replace

http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226338&highlight=cam+sensor

edit: if you can find one that has the 320 in it… youll be fine… great little car, lots of fun

I know a lot of people with anything from SLK to S classes

my cousin and I both had ML320’s, my one friend had ML430, and plenty of random people’s parents had ML320’s a swell; I knew a lot of buddies with black S500’s (2001+), a few E420’s and E430’s; the friend with ML430 also had one of the new C230’s and it was pretty quick and easy to drive

if you want to get one - do it right and get the AMG :smiley:

for any questions, MB World is pretty awesome; it was a very small community when I joined, and LOTS of help there!