Best 6x9

What is the best 6x9 on the market, looking for clairity, not just bass. Going in a monte carlo.

i always like kenwoods for clarity. i would tell you what model i have, but i ain’t going outside anytime soon. maybe later.----->i went and looked at the box. they are kfc 6908 and they are about 3yrs old. they are not the best, but they sound real nice. they are 4ways. whatever kenwood is using now that is comparable to these, would be a very good choice.

can’t go wrong with Infinity Kappas

or Polk.

Depends on the Price you want to pay. In no particular order, I would choose between, Kennwood Excelon, MB quart, Infinity Kappas, or JL Audio.

“pioneers speakers bumpin as i smoke on a pound”

polks are nice

I have infinity reference 6x9’s They are a hell of alot better then my old POS sony 6x9’s i had.

I have infinity kappas 6x9’s in the rustang.
sound good over the exhaust

Polks in the kickpanel

or maybe its reversed :dunno:

I got them off pewterss over the summer

Alpine type R’s all the way alpine has some really high quailty stuff

price not an option, not looking for all bass, looking for nice high clear sound.

Not impressed with the Kappas my friend has (the older green ones.) Not bad, don’t get me wrong, but I expected more from Infinity.

Edit : These Kappas are also powered by an Alpine amp, can’t remember the wattage, but I want to say something in the range of 50x4 RMS

My JBL’s that came with the car don’t sound all that bad, but they’re nothing great.

If price isn’t an option, go with Focal, JL, or one other brand that I can’t think of right now.

Personally, I’ll be leaving the JBL’s in until they blow up (hopefully not) and running JL 6.5" 2-ways in the front.

Polk

yeah sony car speakers aren’t that great…just OK.

but of you need a cheap upgrade from stock you can get them hella cheap @ the outlet in grovecity…i did my old svt (all 4 speakers) for like $60.

boston acoustic’s?

The 3 way kappa’s are BRIGHT! The bottom end is just eh.

I’d go with the polk’s for the best low end or if you can find the high-end kicker’s.

I have Infinity Kappas

Join the club, you can become I.K.C #2 :itr41:

For clairity and crisp sound go with Kenwoods. I have them in my doors and without an amp on them just the pioneer headunit they are clear as hell. NO DISTORTION AT ALL!!!

i always had good luck with polks

I don’t know much about speakers/amps/blah/blah/blah

What I do know is that I had Blaupunkt and Polks in my Audi… and loved them.