Looking for decent set of speakers

Like title says…I was looking for a nice set of speakers for my car. Nothing crazy, just looking for sound quality, clear voice, NOT too much bass. I was looking into the Infinity Kappa, but is there anything else in the market, better or equal and cheaper?

I wanna listen to my Iron maiden very loud :slight_smile:

infinitis are beautious…my brother has them they sound great

Jl Vr/TR/ZR series are great if you plan on amping them, and in that case i would say get the jl 450/4 or 300/4 as well

im a personal fan of JBLs…infinity and JBL are owned by the same perent company, and they are very similat, but in my poersonal opinion, the JBLs have more to offer for them money than infinity. if you are looking at the Infinity kappas, try a set of the JBL Power Series, they are quite nice (especially when run with an amp)

So I will need and amp?

if you want excellent sound quality at loud levels, yes you will need an amp with good speakers. i reccomend something that is a set of component speakers like some audiobahn’s

I’ve got a 4-channel infinity amp with 2 sets of 6.5" infinity kappa component speakers … i LOVE how they sound. then I got 3 12" infinity kappa subwoofers powered by 3 800w max sony amps … i’d def recommend infinity’s. just dont buy them local since the places local charge RETAIL price, look online. I bought all of my stuff for about 1/2 the price that everyone local wanted …

EDIT: Juan, I’d let you listen to mine, but I dont have anything electrical hooked up in my car right now …

I had JBL’s in my saturn, they sounded great for the cost…I’ve got MB Quarts in the Miata, I know they’re expensive but they are worth every penny I paid for them, they’re some of the best sounding car speakers I’ve ever owned…and ordering online is the way to go

My friend has the infinity kappa’s in the front of his car and they are crystal clear. no amp

I <3 Focal

I ogt the mtx compoenete speakers w/ tweeters and such audiobanhs in the back amped with an eclipse amp. REDICULOUSLY perfect IMO. Even not amped sound redic. Contact Sal (Nessuno3400). I paid 40 shipped for brand new 61/2 audiobanhs, real nice.

there is one problem that you have to take into account with focals, they are very much an imaging speaker, this means if your front speakers are not placed just right, such as high on the dash or a pillar, they sound off. I had focals in my truck for a weak before i went to my JL’s, they just sound wierd imaging at my feet

also at that point pay the $1xx more per set to get dynaudio’s they are worlds better than any speaker on the market

Interesting thing to do:

1. Go to Crutchfield
  2. Compare a bunch of different speakers
  3. Compare to Pioneer speakers.
  4. Notive how the spec’s on the Pioneer’s kick ass
  5. Go to Walmart and buy them for real cheap.
  6. Laugh at people who bought more expensive speakers that don’t even come close to your Walmart pioneers.

P.S. I am serious. I have been looking at replacing just the factory speakers in the
EVO as I just replaced the HU with and Alpine, and now I am moving to the speakers. After looking at all the Infinity’s (Which I am partial to), Alpines, Kickers, JBL’s, Polk’s, etc. The pioneers offer the best all around package in terms of power handling, frequency response etc…

Better yes. Cheaper…depends on where and who you buy it from. Probably not cheaper new. Check out ebay.

That’s when your high end head unit and/or digital processor comes in and you tune around that issue. If you have crappy head unit, then I guess it would suck.

Love my Focals. :tup:

you can not just reccomend focals, there are much more to take into consideration when you want a properly balanced sq audio system. location is one of the largest deciding factors. Focal even recommends that you do not put them low in the kick panel, like the location in my truck, there are ment to be in front of you. No unit will fix this problem. But i guess my N2 is a piece of shit cause you can’t adjust the imaging of a speaker. Wait that would make my integra and B&W’s pieces of shit too as well as my nad cause you can’t adjust imaging. But what do I know, right

ps Dynaudio and the jl reference zr series are rated and sound much better than almost any focal on the market minus the utpoias