best car for 6k or less

Ok if you had 6k to spend only had to last 40k miles or 4 years with minimal care what car would you buy ?
please be serious. I dont care about power or looks i just need a beater.

Looking at a 2002 saturn sl2 65k miles
2005+ chevy cobalts in the 70k mile range
99 ish honda civic in the 95k mile range
2002 ford tarus 60k miles
04 focus zx? 60k miles

The fucking bus.

I had a 00 Taurus as a beater for a while… served it’s purposed but it’s also one of the reasons I’m not a ford fan. I bought it with 48ishk for $6 about 4 or 5 years ago and held onto for a year and put about 20k miles on it and during that I had to replace the fuel pump, oil pan gasket (was told it’s a common issue to go bad), fuel pump, and a rear coil spring (from what I was told it was common for 00’s to have the springs rust and snap in the northeastern states - mine broke pulling away from a red light and within 1 mi at less than 35 mph I had to replace the tire it dug into) and of course brakes and tires and oil…

My mom has an 05 Taurus she picked up last year with 40ish for less than 6 and she’s been pretty happy with it, but sometimes says she wishes she had my 92 3-series w/150k and a bad tranny to drive everyday

99-02 Infiniti G20. Its a nice car, gets 24/32 gas mileage, and its consistently at the top of the reliability ratings. Our '02 has 225k on it and still runs like new.

There are better deals out there if you are willing to travel but here is a local car: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/1700035301.html

I’ve had good luck with my 98 accord v6. Bought it 4.5 years ago for $3K.
It had 124k miles and I am up to 176k now.

The worst breakage was a defective lower ball joint. Other than that, brakes, tires, plugs, and an alternator.

impala/grand prix. biggest thing is intake gaskets but seem to hold up well. i just bought one as a beater and been pretty happy with it so far. right now it has 198k on it and still runs pretty good.

watch the rocker panels though… but yeah, loved my GTP

leaning toward a saturn sc coupe 99-02 for 70-80k miles for $5-$6
JD power rates them very high and i remember my sister had a sl2 with 150k before we dumped it and it rusted out.

im waiting to hear from my insurance co but basically i got hit from behind in a 3 car pile up. I was told by the police / insurance its not my fault. I owe 13,7 on a new hyundai elantra that has a msrp of 17,700 3 months old 4k miles. The insurance co said they are going to total my car and get back to me on the estimated value after depreciation of 3 months.

Im thinking that they will either give me a check to cover the loan or i will end up paying for a car thats totaled and its not my fault.
( if you have any tips on how to get more let me know !!! )

So thus im looking at a beater car thats even cheaper and drive it for 4 years save my $$$ and then dump it

2002+ civic would be my choice of daily for that money. Thats a car where all you do is change oil and it will last 300,000 miles

Joe, is there anything i should look out for on a civic beside usuall non modded car ? also what kinda miles is decent to get & price.

i’d buy german

2002 and up are the most unmolested ones.
I just did a quick search on autotrader they are all over the place in price and mileage. It depends on how much you really want to spend if you only want to spend 6K i would look at 80,000 miles if you wanted to spend 4,000 i would try and stay under 140,000 miles. When you get it, change the timing belt and call it a day.

There is nothing on those cars (that i know of) that is a “Commen problem”. I dont know if you want a 2 door, 4 door, auto, or 5 speed. I would check the basic stuff that you would on any car.IE oil condition, Air cleaner, rotors just see if general stuff was kept up.

how are your door handles today?

Maybe your goddamn gigantopithecus hands shouldn’t of been all over it there sasquatch.

CIViC > you, havent touched a thing minus wiper blades and oil changes

Jays accord is impressive for a daily

civic is hard to beat for a daily. change oil twice a year, add gas and go.

work fine from inside does that count?

got a pontiac g6 v6 ! the cobalts i looked at were complete shit !

EXPLODER !