Best indoor HDTV antenna???

well, ive been looking into a indoor hdtv antenna. I cant have a giant outdoor one since i rent and i have nowhere to put it. Sooo, that leaves me looking into the indoor ones. I recently had a dish installed and i inquired about it and they tried to push a RCA intenna and installed it but i wasnt really impressed. It didnt really pick up the channels that great. So i passed and decided to look for myself.

What are you folks using?? I want to get my locals in HDTV and want to get the best bang for my buck.

HDTV either comes perfect or not at all… did you hook up what you have and try the hdtv tuner?

put the dish on ur porch. ive seen them attached to the railings of porches

IDK, i had the dish guys hook up the RCA and they played with the settings and kept searching with the tuner. moving it somemore and retrying it. They did this a few times and i either got 2,4,7 pretty good, but lacking 23,29,etc. or get good 23,29,49 and lack 2,4,7. Sooooo i guess im just looking for the best one available. I just dont wanna re adjust it when i want to watch fox, and then re adjust it again to watch channel 2.

wtf are you talking about.lol My HD comes in fine from dish. Im looking to get HD locals from a antenna. My dishes are installed outside on the railings.

I’m using a set of $15 rabbit ears. I get 2,4,7,23,29 and some other channel no problem.

you might be in a better area then me. I guess i could try some cheap rabbit ears but if theres something tat works better then others id rather try that. I dont wanna this more than once.

install an antenna next to it??

If you are serious about this PM me. But if you want to fumble around with a silly indoor antenna, you will never get it right without a big hassle every time you want change stations. I am 100% I can get you what you need.

You could buy a powered set of rabbit ears. I’ve had good results with those at different customer’s houses. Some of it has to do with what the houses/apartment buildings are constructed out of. Brick seems to be tough. Really hard to get a good signal through it.

yea the building is brick.:frowning: The best signal i could get was right next to the glass doors and i wasnt crazy about having rabbit ears infront of my glass doors.

Overall, I like the Silver Sensor. ~$30 on evilbay. Mine is in my attic, pointing directly at a 2 layer roof with no window in sight.

Brick? Ehh… :tif:

hmm, the attick is right outside my door. I dont know how maintanance would feel about me climbing up there.lol

It really depends on what area you are in. Makes a big difference.

Give this a shot and you will get a idea of where you stand:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Any old antennas on top of your building? Ask maintenance. Maybe there is something up there you can’t see from the ground. It was the old way of doing things. Sometimes, there are some olds ones still up that never got taken down. Might be worth a shot.

well, mostly yellow uhf/vhf. some green and some violet for fox and channel 2. Is there an antenna that takesw care of all this?

With a little bit of aiming I got my silver sensor pulling in all the channels. Of course, I had the same thing with a set of rabbit ears. Both are in the attic above my garage.

The problem I’m having is on windy days I seem to get dropout. All I can figure is on windy days the tower sways a little bit, and it causes me issues with my marginal antenna’s.

So right now I have the silver sensor in the attic, and the set of rabbit ears hidden behind my entertainment center on an A/B switch. On windy nights I switch to the rabbit ears, pull them out, and aim them at the station I want. This is just a temporary solution since I’m still looking for a better fix. I want an antenna that I don’t have to aim and will work on all channels in all weather.

I’ve got a big ass radio shack outdoor antenna in the attic above my house (not connected to anything) that I’m going to put in the attic above the garage and play with, maybe this weekend when it warms up a bit.

I’ve seen great results with the Terk Antenna

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=terk+HDTV+antenna&hl=en&btnG=Search

I have the Silver Sensor sitting in close range to my tv. Works awesome. My HD channels come in AMAZINGLY clear.

ok guys, im looking at this antenna from circuit city. it has great reviews and is kinda looking promising. I also have a choice of whether or not to mount it indoor or outdoor.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Philips-Indoor-Outdoor-HDTV-Antenna-MANT950/sem/rpsm/oid/158307/catOid/-15609/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do